Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureMythology & Folklore · 1 decade ago

What does a sparrow represent?

I want to get two sparrows tatoooed on either side of my upper back. I love sparrows and believe they are so beautiful and peaceful birds, but I was just wondering what a sparrow really represents. Thanks for your help.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

The sparrow has always been regarded as a bird of love and was associated in classical mythology with Aphrodite, the goddess of love. In the famous poem of Catallus Lesbia's sparrow is a symbol of true love and spiritual connection

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

What Does A Sparrow Represent

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 4 years ago

Sparrow Totem

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

What does a sparrow represent?

I want to get two sparrows tatoooed on either side of my upper back. I love sparrows and believe they are so beautiful and peaceful birds, but I was just wondering what a sparrow really represents. Thanks for your help.

Source(s): sparrow represent: https://tr.im/qyR6a
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

All too often we take the sparrow for granted - small though she may be, she is certainly powerful. It is her slightness in size that gives her advantages. She reminds us we do not have to have the big stuff (cars, house, etc.) to be important, and we do not have to have the loudest voice in order be heard.

Some symbolic meaning of Sparrows include:

creativity

simplicity

joy

protection

friendliness

community

productivity

Sparrows derive power from their numbers. Always in a clan, they move in clusters, eat in clusters, and are always content as such. This can be quite intimidating to some would-be predators. Safety in numbers is a lesson the sparrow has to share with us.

The sparrow is vigilant in her goals. She is always bustling for her food, foraging for her nests, and gathering for her young. Fastidious and productive, the sparrow is a reminder that idle hands (and idle minds) should be avoided in order to live a full, healthy life.

She is a master of flight, and camouflage, and as such the sparrow teaches us to use our creativity to get around in life - think outside the box, and be creative in solving our problems.

As an air animal totem, the sparrow speaks of higher thoughts and ideals. She beckons us to keep our burdens as light as we can in order to avoid a heavy heart.

• 1 decade ago

Watch the movie "City of the Dead" with Christopher Lee...

Generally sparrows are thought to be docile creatures. Any symbolism of sparrows then tends to be peaceful, if not slightly wimpish.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

there is a belief that sparrows are/ contain the spirits of people who have died, so it's bad luck to kill them. They are very sweet little birds, there's no stories or mythologies where they are bad.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

in the spirit world, the sparrows are known to take the spirit of a human to the other side - like death.

on the contrary, they are not peaceful and quiet creatures - they usually in groups of many birds flocking together and they are noisy!

swallows on the other hand are not noisy, and to the chinese, it is the most auspicious bird. and you can make sweet soups out of their nests, which is considered as a delicacy in asian countries. and it is known that these birds only breeds in houses where peaceful people live.

• HanZ
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

peace and tranquility, also Spring

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.