Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthOther - Health · 1 decade ago

why do hospital patients often wear socks?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Hospitals are typically kept a little cool for a couple of reasons: the staff is running around working hard, the equipment works better in a cooler environment, and the costs are lower. So the floors and rooms can be pretty chilly. Some of the more modern construction allows each patient to control the heat in his/her own room.

When a person is sick and stressed, it is common to feel colder than usual, because of the way the nervous system operates. Also, most older people (who make up much of the hospital patient population) tend to feel colder much of the time because their temperature control system doesn't work as well as younger folks'.

Some folks want to wear socks to keep their bare feet from touching the floor, which they might (rightly) think is dirty. Or, the type of socks with rubber on the bottom help prevent a person from slipping when they get up out of the bed.

Finally, the blankets supplied in a typical hospital are just not as warm as those you might have at home, so some people wear socks in the bed.

For all these reasons, it's common to wear socks in the hospital.

Source(s): RN who has experience as a patient!
    • Login to reply the answers
  • starke
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Cool cottons are continually a fave interior the summertime FL warmth. Khaki shorts or capris are stable. possibly even a mild denim could paintings, too. Breathable cotton t-shirts or tank tops might additionally be stable. Do placed on various sunscreen, nonetheless. truthfully no sandals. We placed on broken in tennis shoes continually. This final holiday we wore Crocs and enjoyed them better than our previous Nike's. They have been great comfortable and in the event that they have been given moist they dried very nearly today.

• SGT V
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Hospitals tend to be germ factories so you want to have something on your feet when walking around. I think keeping your feet warm is a secondary notion.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

i asked the same question when i was in the hospital. germs. staff infection is the major problem.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

I guess to keep their feet warm

&also because floors are always cold.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

the floor is cold

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.