Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 1 decade ago

Will Obama let the Bush tax cuts expire?

• Keith
    Favorite Answer

He'll let every tax cut he can expire and create new taxes to take their place. Obama's tax cut for the average American is a tax increase for me. I make far less than $250,000. Using the figures the Obama campaign has provided, adding what I saved with the Bush tax cuts, which will be gone, deducting the tax cut Obama has proposed, I'll pay about $1500 dollars more in taxes next year and some guy who doesn't even pay taxes will probably get my $1500.

Obama says he is all for the middle class but I have researched his political past back to his beginning and I can not find a single thing he has ever done for the middle class, either in Illinois or in Washington, so why should anyone believe he will now.

Yes.

Then taxes go back up.

Then BERRY can cut them back 50% and say that he just gave you a tax cut when in reality they just went up.

He's had a lot of time to watch 3 card Monte on the Chi-town street corners.....

unfortunatly, I really needed the checks that came to us and I know a LOT OF OTHER PEOPLE DID TO.

OBAMAS PLANS and what he has proposed to do for everything under the sun cost money. and the government haas no money, so whaere do you all think he is going to get that money from.

Mccain and Palin wantto hold people accountable for the money they already have and are spending. obama and his team of spenders want to increase spending and government and they have promised everything to everybody. It can't work.

Finally, a real good question. If he does let it expire, then in a way it will be a tax increase won't it? I bet he will let it expire. Thanks for a great question.

Of course. He's stated openly he will raise taxes. That's what Democrats do. Increase spending and raise taxes.

Absolutely. That is part of The Democrat Platform.

No he said we wont pay a cent more in taxes if we dont make over $250,000, not to mention he alone can't change that it has to go through other channels.

• Mary W

Who knows, but one thing that everyone needs to know is that Obama nor McCain can't do one thing without Congress' support!

That's the minimal first step he has publicly admitted.

The real plan will go much further.