Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

What is the reason for God?

I am gonna humor you religious folk here a little. Let's say you are right. There is this giant guy living in a 5th dimension up in the clouds.

What's the deal with him? Why did he create us? Why did he create anything?

Are humans just here for his personas amusement? Are we a real life simulation of Sims? Did he create all these sins and stories just to f*ck with our minds a little and see what we do?

God is a prankster, isn't he?

Best Answer

Yes, it is exactly like Sims, because Sid Meier is a Megalomaniac, I think he thinks he is god, which explains sims to a Tee. Except God did not orchestrate sin, Satan did, I am getting really tired of people blaming God for Satan's work. Sin is the perversion of God's perfect creation. Which makes it a lot like Sims, because they don't do exactly what you want either, or haven't you cleaned up a puddle on the floor yet. Satan orchestrates sin, which also means he is responsible for the curses that come with sin, sin kills things both spiritually, and physically. Man is in a fallen state, so guess which seems more logical to us here, sin and Satan, God doesn't make a whole lot of sense here for lack of searching Him out, sloth, laziness, we wish to be hand fed, we are wicked "Jesus gives us another sign" they said when He was here, and they still are today. God is not a prankster, mischief is ours and you know who's department, God is patient(thank goodness) hoping we will grow out of this.

Hahaha, you athiests are as ignorant as you claim us to be.

Your question starts with a profound misunderstanding of what God is and where He is and includes questions that nobody on Earth knows the answer to.

How do you expect us to know these things anyway? Do you think we have a magic way of contacting God? Yes, there is prayer, but, you know as well as I do that it doesn't work like that.

Every religious person has an idea or a theory, but we aren't going to claim to know.

God could be a prankster. Maybe we are actually His idea of children. Maybe He was bored?

Why not ask Him?

If as I believe God really is there, denying His existence will not change the reality of His being there. All you're doing is insulting an all powerful being to Whom you'll have to make an account of your life some day. People like you willingly take all of the many wonderful gifts God has given us such as sunshine & rain, and then throw it back in His face by denying His existence. Good luck pal.

God can create for whatever reason he wants.

Another thing, he is not a "giant guy" up in whatever dimension, and he does not need our understanding or consent in order for him to exist.

The God I believe in isn't a giant guy in the clouds nor is he in a 5th dimension. So I have no idea who or what you are taking about.

God is. That's all you need to know. When you come to know and believe that, then you can learn about His word and hopefully through His graces, you will have faith in Him.

God help you.

if you are asking what is the reason of good so you mean what is the reason of your being her ? good is not a giant man in a5th dimension he is the one who created the hole world and every thing in it if you do not believe me just wait to know. or just think and ask your self some questions.like how you breathe think feel write and how your brain think.

Source(s): a proud muslim.
  • ?

The reason for God is like the reason for all other 'godly' figures out there...to put people at ease I think people hate feeling like there is no reason for something to happen. If they had a godly figure or godly belief they can go "Blah blah did it so it must mean it was meant to be" makes everything that much better right? lolol Well if he's a prankster..he's not funny

• Roz M

The reason for a God is for control, if we break the law we get punished, but if we commit a selfish act (against the state) the only way we can be punished is by telling us that we'll burn in hell.

lol we are Gods children and he loves us jk. He created us cause it pleased him. No we are not sims God loves us (not us christians, us people) that is why he sent his son to die. For our sake he didnt even spare his son but he gave him up for us. Christ is the begotten son of God meaning Christ actually was born of God. Christians are not born of God as christ is we are adopted sons of God. We are grafted into the family tree. Biblical accounts come from man's experiences with God.

• Kel

We are God's children and He loves us!

...

...

Uh, ok, I am awake.. forget what I said earlier...

Hmm, I have been also thinking about this for several years now..

What I have come up with so far? Your first answer.. Humans are here for his personal amusement..