Who here thinks that Twilight has nothing on Anne Rice's vampire novels?

I know her books have more mature subject matter, but I've heard more "mature" people say that they think Twilight has the best illustration of vampires. In comparison to Anne Rice? Psh, PLEASE! Anne Rice's novels are a stroke of genius.

Favorite Answer

It's like comparing apples with oranges. Two totally different series, different audiences, different interpretations of vampires.

I agree, however, that Anne Rice has far more literary merit. Meyer's last three books seemed childish and rushed. Rice's are always well-written.

Psh, PLEASE! They are two totally different series, that are both great in their own ways. Stephenie Meyer and Anne Rice just have two different idea's of what a vampire should be. My idea is somewhere in between. The steak to the heart thing never made much sense to me, so I like the granite-like body better. Also the sun thing, although it has always been portrayed that way, until Twilight, I never much liked that either. I mean they are just the living dead, why would the sun burn them? Glittering isn't much better, but it makes a wee bit more sense.

In my opinion Twilight and Anne Rice's vampire novels are nothing alike. They are both good in their own right but Twilight is a romance series. The vampire novels by Anne Rice are not.

I loved both the Twilight Series and the Vampire Chronicles.

Source(s): Me

Its like comparing Shakespeare to the Muppets. Anne Rice is literature, Twilight is a book. Both are entertaining but any further comparison is moot.

I think they are both brilliant writers about vampires.

Stephenie Meyer takes on a different take to vampires then Anne Rice does.

Stephenie Meyer's vampires are in a way good.

Anne Rice on the other hand writes more to vampires with hearts but still awful creatures.

It depends what you like. Like I said they are both fantastic!

Mara

I've never been able to get into Anne Rice's novels. I got halfway through Interview With a Vampire and lost interest...so in that sense, I believe Stephenie Meyer and the Twilight series are better.

...but that's just my person opinion.

I can't really say anything about Anne Rice's vampires, because as I said, I didn't really read her books.

Twilight sucks.

Compared to other vampire stories, especially Rice's(or any others), Smeyer's books are crap.

I hate those damn vegetarian, sparkly vampires.

I like the original blood-sucking creatures of the dark.

PLEASE. Dont even bother. If it was better why does it not have the fan base of Twilight?