Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 1 decade ago

Why does Palin keep getting probed all of the time?

An open government group is requesting an investigation by the Federal Election Commission into the reported $150,000 in campaign donations spent to outfit Republican vice presidential nominee Sarah Palin.

Reports emerged this week that the Republican National Committee spent more than three-times the median US family income to buy Palin clothes at posh department stores like Nieman Marcus and Saks Fifth Avenue. Critics say the six-figure wardrobe budget undercuts Palin's "average American" image, and some are questioning whether the purchases also violate federal election law.

“It is ridiculous that RNC would spend $150,000 to outfit a vice presidential nominee and her family at any time, but it is more outrageous given the dire financial straights of so many Americans and the state of our economy," said Melanie Sloan, executive director of Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington. "As if that isn’t bad enough, the expenditures violate campaign finance law. The FEC should investigate immediately.”

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Bob O
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Republicans blame it on "LIBERAL MEDIA BIAS". I call it the peoples right to know.

• 1 decade ago

There's really no point into investigating anything about her. I mean, look what happened to the ethics investigation: It found she used poor judgment and stated, point blank, that she violated ethics rules. Her response: "See, the report said I did nothing wrong!"

This is the craziest thing; just completely deny what the report says. It's like putting your fingers in your ears and saying "la, la, la, I can't hear you, you're not talking, la la la!" Amazing. She's a 'tard.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

If you do something like firing state officials because they won't fire your ex-brother-in-law, you set a precedent. If you pad your expense account and charge the state for your per diem for days when you are not in the state capital, you are setting a precedent.

Once you have set the precedent, people start looking deeper and deeper. And $150K for clothing is a lot of money and sets a bad precedent.

• 1 decade ago

Where there's smoke, there's usually fire.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.