State of Iowa DUI Restrictions?

4 years ago my friend got his 3rd DUI in the state of Iowa. He was 17 for the first one, 24 for the second and 30 for the third. He is 35 now. He was sent a lift notice almost 2 years ago but was told he would not be allowed to get his license by his probate officer until he got off parol which was last year. He went to go get his license today and was told he would not be able to get his license until 2018. I'm not sure I understand why he was sent a lift notice if he can't get his license yet?The lady at the DOT said even in order to get his work permit he would have to get an attorney? Can someone point me in the right direction so I can help my friend?

Favorite Answer

First of all Iowa does not have DUI's they have OWI's. For his third OWI offense the Period of Revocation should be 6 years, however If there are any fines that have not been paid on time or any kind of violation such as driving while he was revoked or getting an added suspension time for being a habitual offender that time can add up really fast and make it difficult to get your license back

Source(s): police dispatcher in Iowa

1

Source(s): Criminal Records Search Database : http://CriminalRecords.raiwi.com/?tvAh

Verifying criminal record database can really helps to find your required data online. It wont takes more than a few seconds to show any record you need. Moreover its an easy way to find out if someone has a criminal record.

Reports key features includes :

Arrest & convictions

Felonies & misdemeanor

Sex offenders

Mug shots

Criminal driving infractions

Court and probation records

And lot more.

Visit Here : http://CriminalRecords.InfoSearchDetective.com

100% Confidential & Super Fast Results!

• mitra

a chum says this is a acceptable state. A trucker as quickly as informed me it stood for "I Oughta Went around"...yet not sure who invented it. i understand one subject, Ohio, my abode 20, replaced into got here across via the Roto-Rooter guy.

Yeah. Away. In any direction. Your friend is an anchor.