Luv2Cook asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 1 decade ago

Need appetizer ideas and veggie dips........?

Having a party on Saturday night, b-day party for my honey. Serving spiral baked ham, turkey breast and baked beans. Girlfriends are helping out with a few appetizers, queso dip and chips, fruit skewers and a cheese/cracker/bread tray. I want to make a veggie tray - but want something new and different from my usual ranch dip. Other appetizer ideas for appetizers or salads would be awesome.

Thanks for all your help.

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

How about some French onion dip in a pepper bowl,

Mix one package of Lipton French onion soup mix with 16 ounces of sour cream.

Take a pepper (sweet bell) the color of your choosing cut off the top take out the seeds and ribs and put the dip in it and serve with your favorite veggies

Source(s): my own recipe
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

try making some spinach and artichoke dip!! i love it!!! :]

Put in a bread bowl, and serve in with tiny bits of bread or chips.

chips are better :]]

Heres a good recipie:

Yield

5 1/2 cups (serving size: 1/4 cup dip and about 6 chips)

Ingredients

2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided

1/2 cup fat-free sour cream

1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated fresh Parmesan cheese, divided

1/4 teaspoon black pepper

3 garlic cloves, crushed

1 (14-ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped

1 (8-ounce) block 1/3-less-fat cream cheese, softened

1 (8-ounce) block fat-free cream cheese, softened

1/2 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained, and squeezed dry

1 (13.5-ounce) package baked tortilla chips (about 16 cups)

Preparation

Preheat oven to 350°.

Combine 1 1/2 cups mozzarella, sour cream, 2 tablespoons Parmesan, and next 6 ingredients (through spinach) in a large bowl; stir until well blended. Spoon mixture into a 1 1/2-quart baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella and remaining 2 tablespoons Parmesan. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown. Serve with tortilla chips.

• 1 decade ago

You can also make a fruit tray and use either melted chocolate or carmel dip. On the veggie trays use blue cheese for dipping. You could make a huge taco salad .

• 1 decade ago

Make a veggie tray w/ maybe 2-3 different veggies, and that's it. I love to get a hold of freshly-blanched snow peas for dipping! Crisp and bright, very tasty! Also long carrot sticks (cut like frenhch fries) rather than those "baby" carrots. Blanch them too, to set the color.

DILL DIP

1 cup sour cream

1 cup mayonnaise

1 TBS dried dill weed

1 TBS chopped fresh parsley

1 TBS minced onion

Combine all ingredients and mix well. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight. Serve with fresh vegetables.

-------------------

Dan'l Webster Inn Fresh Chive and Bacon Dip

Notes: The Dan'l Webster Inn is located on Cape Cod.

3/4 lb. cooked bacon, fried crisp and crumbled

1-1/4 lbs. cream cheese

1/4 C. minced red onions

8oz. sour cream

1/8 C. fresh chopped parsley

1/2 tsp. A-1 sauce

1 tsp. fresh raw chopped garlic

1/2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce

1/8 C. fresh chives, chopped

In a mixing bowl mix all ingredients until smooth. Store in airtight container in refrigerator.

-------------------

Pesto Party Dip

Makes about 1 2/3 cups. Recipe is from Nestlé

1 (7-oz.) container refrigerated pesto with basil

4 ozs. cream cheese, room temperature

1/2 cup sour cream

2 tbls. grated Parmesan cheese

Assorted fresh vegetables, crackers or bread sticks

1. Place pesto, cream cheese, sour cream and Parmesan cheese in food processor or blender; cover. Process until mixture is creamy.

2. Serve with your choice of fresh veggies, crackers or bread sticks.

--The Advocate

---------------------------

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

.... is this your first question?? i think it is!!!

i know this isn't TOO creative, but i make it for holidays and everyone loves it. and it's easy. and goes on crackers & veggies so it's multi-purpose.

Spinach Dip

o Sour Cream – 16 oz

o Mayo – 16 oz

o 3.2 oz package of dry ranch dressing mix – 1 package

o Chopped Spinach (drained well) – 8 oz (i always put 10-12 oz so it's a little thicker)

Add all ingredients together and mix well. Keep refrigerated.

~ Makes 2 quarts

have fun tomorrow!! : )

• 1 decade ago

SPECTACULAR VEGETABLE/DIP TRAY

Use hollowed-out red cabbage as bowl to hold dip. Cut off small amount of cabbage on bottom to make a flat surface and keeps it from wobbling. Set cabbage in center of large tray or plate. Fill with spinach dip; sour cream stirred vigorously with thawed package of frozen spinach. Surround cabbage with colorful sections of fresh vegetables, carrot sticks, fresh mushrooms, broccoli florets, cauliflower florets, etc.

COMPANY SALAD

1 (21 oz.) cherry pie filling

1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk

1 (16 oz.) can pineapple tidbits, drained

1 c. pecans

1 c. coconut

1 c. miniature marshmallows

12 oz. whipped topping

Combine pie filling, condensed milk, pineapple tidbits, coconut, marshmallows in bowl. Mix well. Fold in whipped topping. Chill overnight. May freeze and slice to serve if preferred. Yields 10 servings.

• ?
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Chinese Spicy Peanut Sauce, used for dipping raw vegetables. I love this, and everyone I have shared it loves it! You can find it in the original Moosewood cookbook.

Source(s): Moosewood Cookbook
  • 1 decade ago

Dry onion soup mix with sour cream: just mix together or dry vegetable soup mix and sour cream and mix this together. Do let them set in fridge a couple hours so flavor blends.

• 1 decade ago

not a veggie dip, but spinach artichoke dip is fantastic and really easy to make. if people are bringing crackers, you can dip them in this as well as tortilla chips.

http://www.ehow.com/how_4547480_hot-spinach-artich...

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

This site will surely help you. It will only take few seconds to find recipes you want instantly.

http://recipestoolbar.com download it for free. it's safe as well. Good luck!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.