Under cabinet lighting in the kitchen?

I'm going to install undercabinet lighting in my new kitchen. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to do this. My kitchen is going to be demo'd in a week, and I'm going to give myself a day in the middle to run the wiring. I'm very comfortable running simle electrical circuits (one switch with a serial... show more I'm going to install undercabinet lighting in my new kitchen.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to do this. My kitchen is going to be demo'd in a week, and I'm going to give myself a day in the middle to run the wiring.

I'm very comfortable running simle electrical circuits (one switch with a serial string of lights), but wouldn't mind some tips from people who have done it before. I'd like these to be dimmable. That said:

1) Should I go the 24v route.

2) My wife really likes the look of incandecant lighting. I know that's going by the way sides, but are there any undercabinet lighting options that have that look? Everything seems to be halogen.

3) Is there one brand that is any better than another?

4) Is Rope Lighting an option?

Sorry for all of the dumb questions. I'd greatly appreciate any advice.

Thanks,
Mike