If barack obama was born in kenya, how can he run 4 president?

i have always heard that a president had to be born in this country to be president.

A few years ago some buds and i were talking about the governor[the terminator] of california and how he cant ever be president cause he was born in austria.

I just realized that it is known that Barack Obama was not born in america, he was born in kenya.

i dont understand how he is running for president then!

he was born in kenya and raised as a citizen in indonesia.

For better or worse, this is a fact.

i just read there is a lawsuit to stop him from being able to be the president.

my question is, with this known, how can he still run for president?

42 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Born in Hawaii.

Next.

• 1 decade ago

Only one person has answered this question correctly and they were given a thumbs down. I guess people don't actually care about facts, they just care about slinging mud.

1. Obama was born in Hawaii, not Kenya. (1)

2. The US Constitution states in Article II, Section 1, Clause 5,

"No Person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any Person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States." (2)

3. A natural born citizen is defined this way:

* Anyone born inside the United States

* Any Indian or Eskimo born in the United States, provided being a citizen of the U.S. does not impair the person's status as a citizen of the tribe

* Any one born outside the United States, both of whose parents are citizens of the U.S., as long as one parent has lived in the U.S.

* Any one born outside the United States, if one parent is a citizen and lived in the U.S. for at least one year and the other parent is a U.S. national

* Any one born in a U.S. possession, if one parent is a citizen and lived in the U.S. for at least one year

* Any one found in the U.S. under the age of five, whose parentage cannot be determined, as long as proof of non-citizenship is not provided by age 21

* Any one born outside the United States, if one parent is an alien and as long as the other parent is a citizen of the U.S. who lived in the U.S. for at least five years (with military and diplomatic service included in this time)

* A final, historical condition: a person born before 5/24/1934 of an alien father and a U.S. citizen mother who has lived in the U.S.

(3)

Both Obama and McCain fit the definition of a Natural born citizen. This is a question that could be answered by a 5th grader.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The Answer is simple Laws and rules don't apply to "DEMOCRATS!" if the shoe were on the other foot or if Sarah Palin was born in another country the "MEDIA" would be all over this story, The law suit is valid "Berg VS Obama" the democrat party filed a motion to have the suite thrown out but the Judge denied the motion and gave Obama a date to have his original long birth certificate presented will the day has come to pass and he is yet to present showing proof!, keep in mind that even if he was born in Hawaii and for the sake of argument that made him a citizen (not the case due to the laws at the time) however the fact that when his mother re-married and they all had to renounce their US citizen ship including Obama (Keep in mind Obama had no choice in this matter thats just the way it is) when they all moved to he went to Indonesia that disqualifies him according to the constitution! just google berg vs obama and here a couple of links to get you started, pass it around!!!

• Kay
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

You heard wrong and it's not the fact. Obama was NOT born in Kenya but USA.

It is in our constitution that naturalized citizen like gov. of CA, Arnold Scwatz. cannot become president.

Republicans would do anything to put out irresponsible statement to sway the voters, even it's a bold faced lies.

Shame on you!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Well, we don't exactly know, rumor has it he was born in Hawaii, BUT since he REFUSES to provide his embossed birth certificate (like all candidates are REQUIRED to by constitutional law), we really have no way of knowing. His multitude of lawyers have filed a motion to hold off any compulsory action until AFTER the elections. Interesting isn't it? And if McCain was born in Panama, which I hadn't heard but could be a possibility, wasn't panama (at that time) a territory or colony of America much as Peurto Rico is today? My issue is the arrogance that allows obama to say "you know what, I'm not gonna and you can't make me, so there".

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I'm afraid you have been misinformed. It is not a fact that he was born in Kenya. It is an unsupported allegation. The fact is that he was born in Hawaii. That makes him a natural born citizen. See how important it is to know the difference between facts and lies?

• 1 decade ago

1st he was born in Hawaii

2nd McCain was born in Panama. His parents were citizens of the USA. He was born after a law was inforced that said any children born outside of America were considered Natural Born Citizens.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

You can't even use proper grammar. "I just realized that it is known that Barack Obama was not born in america, he was born in kenya." You certainly have a plethora of sources to back up your "facts". John McCain was born in Panama, so should he still eb able to run for president?

• jt
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

You have to be a "natural born citizen", which means either you were born on US soil, or you were born to American citizens (Like John McCain, even though he was born in Panama).

You cannot be a naturalized citizen, no matter how long you've lived in the US.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

If McCain was born in Panama how can he run for President? Did you know that? Cut and paste the Fixed Noise talking point lie of the day? If you answer my question you will answer your own question: because he was born a citizen.

Obama 2008

• 1 decade ago

well he is an American citizen and he was born in America and he can still win the election because so far he is liked by the people.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.