What happens after you slit your wrists?
1. How long does it take for someone to die after sliting their wrists?
2. What is the "safe zone" of time from when someone first slits their wrists and starts bleeding to where they can no longer be saved. Meaning how long does someone have to call an ambulance before its too late?
3. What is the medical procedure after someone is taken to a hospital after trying to commite suicide?
4. Are there any negative after effects of slitting your wrist, I. e. brain damage, or something besides just blood loss.
5. Is it possible for someone else, besides trained medical personel, to save someone from dying after they slit their wrists? If yes, then what is the proper procedure.
And, in addition to his, I have one of my own: What happens after the wounds are treated? I have heard the patients are held overnight for psychiatric evaluation. Elaboration on this would help! Thanks! Please only serious answers, I don't need people trying to talk me out of a suicide I'm not going to commit!