Can I have DSL without phone or cable service?

I am sick of having to pay a phone bill just because I want DSL service. I pay 35 for my internet through ATT(Elite DSL package) and 25-30 for the home phone.

Favorite Answer

Its stupid as hell but yes u do have to have a active phone for dsl

Another way for them to screw you for $

DSL comes through the existing analog lines. You must have a regular phone number associated with that line in order for it to be activated. I would reccomend that you contact your cable TV compnay for cable modem service, or call DrecTV to get TV and Internet service through the satellite.

I spoke with a costumer rep from At&t and she told me that they now carry dsl only without having to have a phone line connected. You may want to contact them. I have the dsl for $25, but I have a phone line only because my cell isn't free till after 9. But they did give me the choice of with or without.

Yes, AT&T provide DSL Lite for $15./month. You can cancel the phone service and keep the DSL.

Depending on your location, AT&T provides the DSL Direct Service.

I have DSL w/out a phone at first...then we received a house phone...and cable last. So yes. I had AT&T, but I had a home phone....It all depends on your provider.

No, but there is a service called Naked DSL which will work, google it for your area.

Last time I called and asked AT&T they said that you need the phone service. But it may vary from location to location.

You may not but you can use a phone to do it but the you will have to activate it from calling your cell phone company but it is really slow. but i think it saves you more by buying it together. Another way is dial up

Source(s): ME

Yes depending in your area and provider.