is honda accord 2003 v6 with 97000 miles a good buy?

hi, i was planning to buy a used 2003 honda accord ex v6. I have heard that there are some transmission problems with the car. is it true or just a false statement becoz otherwise honda accords are made to run over 200000 miles without any trouble. so is it a good buy????

Favorite Answer

It depends on a lot of things.....condition of the car overall, the service it has received. Cars now adays can go 200,000 miles plus. As far as the transmision, has it been serviced. It may just need a fluid and filter change, if it's and automatic. If your not sure take it to a mechanic and ask lots of questions. GOOD LUCK

Source(s): Personal experience

Well, I think the transmission problem is for the 2000 model, cuz my mom has that and he replaces it every year. I'm not sure if the same is true for the 03 model. Although on average the miles for the car are a little high. Its supposed to have 15000 miles per year. so 15 x 6 is 90. Most importantly, have it checked out by a mechanic or ask a mechanic about the transmission rumor thing. That way you know for sure. Good luck.

Yes. You are right about the transmission. I have the exact same car and bought it used and the transmission went out at 55,000 miles or so. Luckily I bought an extended warranty through the dealership and they replaced it for free. What you have read about the transmission is correct. Most things I have read say they go out around when mine did. Maybe that car has already had it replaced

Source(s): It happened to me!

Depends. A transmission can bring a whole world of trouble and if it needs to be replaced can run up to about $500. You also need to consider the mileage. 150,000+ is no deal unless it's a Toyota being sold at a bargain price.

a honda accord is always a good buy. with regular maintenence, the accord will without a doubt reach 200k+ miles, thanks to that good ol' timing chain. ask the seller about any bulletins/recalls of some sort that he's had and see if it's been taken care of. overall, i wouldn't worry about it. this is a fantastic car that will be a work horse for you.

hell yeah dood those really good cars and very dependable you got like couple years left of life in that car i mean at least like 5 years more left of life