Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelUnited StatesChicago · 1 decade ago

Chicago Midway Airport - How much time?

I will be catching a Southwest Airlines flight from Midway Airport to Orlando on a Tuesday morning (early 6:30am) . The bus gets us to the airport only 1 hour before our flight. Will that be enough time?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • flower
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Well the general rule is to be there 2 hours before.Sometimes the buses run late.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

First of all, if you are downtown consider getting to the Orange line and taking that to Midway. If you are not checking luggage, one hour should be sufficient. If you are checking I would allow more time since SWA has become very popular because they do not charge for luggage. The last time I took a plane at 7:00 am, the check-in lines were pretty long inside the airport.

• 1 decade ago

You can check in online 24 hours prior to the flight. It is very easy just have your confirmation number handy. Then, if you need to check luggage, go to the luggage only line at the airport (faster than regular checkin line). The security line can be long (30 minutes). Overall, you will probably make it but will be cutting it close.

• tichur
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

You should be able to get to the gate on time if all goes well. No need to leave early as there is another flt at 7:30 and 3 more before 10:45 am. The gate agent can change your flt #.

The problem might be getting adjoining seats. You might be in the last group to board the plane...as you know, no reservations on SW.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

If the bus is not late, I think so. Call ahead to Southwest at Midway and ask how to check-in quickly.

• 1 decade ago

That should be sufficient. However, since mass transportation can run late, you may want to consider taking the bus the day before and staying overnight in a near bye hotel, just to be on the safe side.

• 1 decade ago

if you could take an earlier bus i would if i was you

because if the flight is over booked..which many are these days you could be bumped from that flight..

they recommend at least 2 hours before check in

• 1 decade ago

Are you checking bags? If yes, I would allow more time since that will slow you down. If you are not checking bags, check in online (you can do this up to 24 hours prior to your scheduled departure time), print your boarding pass and proceed directly to security.

• gary o
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

It depends on the traffic.................I'd listen to Question 1 or take an earlier bus.

If you are not far from Midway you can take a taxi.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.