Should I buy a 2009 Honda CRV EX 4wd for 23,000 (includes my car trade in)? ?

This includes my trade in of 2,000. So really I guess it is 25,000 out the door. Good deal or keep the car I have? I would like 4wd for the 45 minute drive I have everyday, is this something I can live without?

Best Answer

The Honda CRV is an excellent compact SUV hard to go wrong with this model it offers excellent reliability as well as safety and resale value. I assume we are talking about the "EX-L" ? If this is the model it sounds like a fair deal, depending upon what you are trading in. If you want to also check out some of the CRV's competition you can take a look at the all-new Subaru Forester and the Toyota RAV4 ( The Toyota will be more expensive comparably equipped because more accessories are optional on this vehicle). All are good choices, but you will not go wrong with a Honda, currently they are the most reliable vehicles on the road. If you really want the CRV you can use the other vehicles as a bargaining tool when negotiating with the dealer, the Subaru is probably a little cheaper to buy so use that one as your bargaining chip. I attached a helpful link to help you do some more research if you want too. Good Luck!

I don't know, it just came out and not enough data is available. The previous models, I would say is OK car. 2000 models had valve gap tightening up problem. And don't see the logic in using timing belt for SUV. Nosier, but timing chain should be used on cars like this. Is 4 WD, but is automatic 4WD - which kicks in when computer sees the need. Ok, then how the heck do I know if it is working properly?