Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicOther - Music · 1 decade ago

Suggestions for a sad instrumental song, preferably violin or piano, for a PSA about mood disorders?

This is just a temporary song until we can get audio post to write something for it. I just need something to fill in the silence for an early showing for one of our teachers, to kind of fill in the mood.

The song should be stark and sort of minimalist. I don't know, throw some ideas out there. Thanks.

• Me
    Best Answer

"Les Memoires Blessees" by Dark Sanctuary, but that might be *too* sad. You'd probably like "Song From A Secret Garden" by Secret Garden. :)

God, I know I have a ton, but nothing is coming to mind.

Try going to remix.nin.com and find some instrumentals. Everything on the site is available for free download so you should have no trouble with copyrights etc.

'Hurt - Alternate Instrumental' by TrentReznor sounds like a pretty good one. Look for it on the "Highest Rated Overall" playlist. There are a lot of quiet piano-oriented songs on there.

Anything by the Dresden Dolls... they are amazingly dark and have piano music in every song and occasionally other instrumentals such as violins and guitars. Some of their songs also have a very exciting beat to them. I highly suggest you look them up :)

Ooooohhhh....I've got the perfect one - and it even fits thematically, if you know the story behind it and the bio of the musician.

I wish to strongly suggest Bill Evans' "NYC's No Lark".

• word

Check out Craig Armstrong's "Glasgow Love Theme"

In my opinion, it sounds more tragic than romantic (if it's supposed to be)...

sometimes there will be things on youtube if you type in sad instrumental....or maybe just on google, that can take you to websites that host free instrumental music.