Do you think this is an acceptable apology letter?

Me and my step sister were running around at a school football game. My old band/orchestra teacher was instructing the band and the band and the teacher could not concentrate on what they were doing because of the noise we were making. So she yelled at us every time she saw us. So we thought we would sit down. After a while we got thirsty so we got up and walked down the bleachers and across the bottom of the bleachers. "Where Ms.Townsend was standing." And she yelled at us for walking across the bleachers. So we went above the band where there was atleast 4 rows of bleachers seaperating us and the band, and she comes marching up the staris yelling at us and told us to walk on the grass under/in font of the bleachers. So we turn around and run all the way down the stairs and across the feild when the janitor yells at us and tells us we need to walk in front of the band and across the bleachers because that is the emergancy zone for fire trucks and ambulance only, we try telling him that Ms.Townsend won't let us and we already got in trouble. He doesn't belive us and says "NO ECSUCES!" So we go run back across the feild and up the stairs leading to the bleachers and walk in front of the band and Ms.Townsend yells at us and told us to go back down there and go. We try explaing to her that the janitor said no but she doesn't belive us. So we just walk a little bit over and stand by our signs hanging on the gate of the bleachers when thesse band parents start yelling. So we turn around and they told us to move, so we went up the bleacher stairs and my step sister says under her breath "Ughh to many rules, we can't even enjoy a footballl game or get a drink" And this nasty old band lady parent goes "Ecuse me I can hear you!" And my step sister goes "Well sorry!" -with an attitude. So she gets up and her and my step sister start arguing. In the end I go to schoool the next day and in 6th period my teacher pulls me out of class and sends me to Ms.Townsends class. When I get there she yells at me for it and says "I'm lucky that i'm not getting a refurl and shes going to make the rest of my middle and high school life misrable." Of corse I take that as a threat, and to top it off shes making me write a stupid apology letter. But I'm only getting in trouble because Ms.Townsend knows me really well and not her at all. I try to explin to her what happened but she looks at me like i'm some type of mold and says I don't wanna hear your voice. So....yaa. But tell me if this is a "aceptable" apology letter.

Dear Ms.Townsend and band memebers/parents,

I would like to apologize for being so disrespectful to you. I shouldn;t have been anywhere near you or the band memebers especially since Ms.Townsend instructed not to. I hope that you will esecpt my apology and I promise that this will not be a problem in the future. Thank you for your time.

Sincerly,

Marissa Donnelly

Favorite Answer

I think it is a very nice apology letter. I'm sorry about what happened, that really sucks. :( good luck with your little problem.

• Ivy

Try this, instead;

I would like to sincerely apologize for being so very disrespectful to you. I shouldn't have been anywhere near you or the band members; it will not happen again. I should have known that a teacher's instructions are more important than those of a janitor, regardless of how emphatically he is telling one to do something. I hope that you will be generous enough to accept my humblest and most sincere apology and I promise you from the bottom of my heart that this will not be a problem in the future. Thank you so very much for your time.

It's subtly snotty, but not in a way that will get you in trouble. Also, it highlights the fact that it really wasn't your fault. I'm good with those subtleties; I should be, I'm 25 - I've been doing being subtle for a while now!

The letter itself sounds good, but you've got a few spelling errors that I'll fix for you.

"Dear Ms.Townsend and band members/parents,

I would like to apologize for being so disrespectful to you. I shouldn't have been anywhere near you or the band members especially since Ms.Townsend instructed not to. I hope that you will accept my apology and I promise that this will not be a problem in the future. Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

Marissa Donnelly"

• Amy R

Yeah, but spell your words right:

accept - not esecpt

members - not memebers.

Now maybe Mrs. Townsend was being very irritable, but you sound old enough to know when to stop goofing around and being a pain. If you had not behaved badly, this would not have gotten out of hand. So I hope you know to just do your own thing without making a performance out of it. You and your friend do not need to be the center of attention all the time.

I think it's an acceptable apology, I'll correct the spelling though.

Apart from some spelling mistakes (as the others point out), its okay BUT you have to make sure that you really really really REALLYYYYY mean it!!!

it is "accept my apology"...and yes I think it's ok.