Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureHolidaysThanksgiving · 1 decade ago

New York; Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade?

I live in England and it is my 16th birthday at the end of November so my mum is taking me to New York for five days. We are going there on the 27th of November and just recently found that all the shops will be closed so we were hoping to go see the thanksgiving day parade.

I just wanted to know:

- What time does it start/end

- What performers are there going be this year?

And anything else that might interest me.

Oh and I wont be getting to the JFK Airport untill around 11.00am -

Do you think i will definatly miss it all?!

• Jules
    Favorite Answer

The parade begins at 9:00 and ends at noon, but to really see anything you need to be there at like 5 in the morning so you get a good spot. There's always a bunch of celebrity performers, Miss. USA/America (not sure which one), cheerleaders, university/high school bands, dance teams (ME!), the Rockettes, Broadway casts, and a million other things in the parade too.

If you get to the airport at 11, charces are you'll miss it all because by the time you get out of JFK and to the parade route, it will be later and yeah.

Other things to do: skate in Rockafeller's center, carriage rides in central park, just walking around in general because it will be all decorated for christmas, and things like that.

On Friday the 28th, we have an unnofficial holiday called Black Friday and it's a major shopping day. All of these stores have HUGE sales, and everything's packed. It's crazy but it's so much fun to get up really early to get the best bargains on things.

Hope you have fun and happy birthday!!

No, by using fact we did no longer stay in the two area. yet I even have long gone to the Portland, Oregon Rose competition Parade, which has been an annual parade in June by using fact the turn of the century. this is been coated via television for some years and has been subsidized via Macys. by using fact that they offered Meier and Frank's branch save. they have a rose parade, and a Thanksgiving Day parade with a Christmas subject. That one isn't filmed, that i understand of. this is a small parade, in assessment to Macys' in manhattan. The rose parade in June would not have as many rose floats as they used to. They replaced the get admission to skills to having drift decorations be made up of becoming issues which includes seeds and plant existence of diverse kinds besides as roses. each drift has a topic and there are companies that layout and build the floats, with time donated via the business enterprise proprietors. There are infinite severe college bands from all around, alongside with many from out of state. The Shriners constantly have an get admission to, and Pasedena has one representing the experience of Roses there. and specially situations there is an get admission to from Japan, and Hawaii besides. this is somewhat colourful and extremely relaxing.

i dont know but i hope you enjoy america, and i hope you enjoy or get to enjoy thanksgiving dinner somewhere.