Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelAfrica & Middle EastSouth Africa · 1 decade ago

Some interesting racist points, don't you agree?

Michael Richards makes his point...

Michael Richards better known as Kramer

from TVs Seinfeld does make a good point.

This was his defense speech in court after making racial comments

in his comedy act. He makes some very interesting points...

Someone finally said it... How many are actually paying attention

to this? There are African Americans, Mexican Americans, Asian

Ameri cans, Arab Americans, etc. And then there are just Ameri-

cans. You pass me on the street and sneer in my direction. You call

me 'White boy,' 'Cracker,' 'Honkey,' 'Whitey,' 'Caveman' ... and

t hat's OK.

But when I call you, ******, Kike, Towel head, Sand-******, Camel

Jockey, Beaner, ****, or Chink ... You call me a racist. You say that

whites commit a lot of violence against you... so why are the ghettos

the most dangerous places to live?

You have the United Negro College Fund. You have Martin Luther

King Day. You have Black History Month. You have Cesar Chavez

Day. You have Yom Hashoah. You have Ma'uled Al-Nabi. You have

the NAACP. You have BET... If we had WET (White Entertainment

Television), we'd be racists. If we had a White Pride Day, you would

call us racists. If we had White History Month, we'd be racists.

If we had any organization for only whites to 'advance'

OUR , lives we'd be racists.

We have a Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, a Black Chamber of

Commerce, and then we just have the plain Chamber of Commerce.

Wonder who pays for that??

A white woman could not be in the Miss Black American pageant,

but any color can be in the Miss America pageant.

If we had a college fund that only gave white students scholarships

... You know we'd be racists.

There are over 60 openly proclaimed Black Colleges in the US .

Yet if there were 'White colleges' That would be a racist college.

In the Million Man March, you believed that you were marching

for your race and rights.

If we marched for our race and rights, you would call us racists.

You are proud to be black, brown, yellow and orange,

and you're not afraid to announce it.

But when we announce our white pride, you call us racists.

You rob us, carjack us, and shoot at us. But, when a white police

officer shoots a black gang member or beats up a black drug-

dealer running from the law and posing a threat to society, you

call him a racist.

I am proud... But you call me a racist.

Why is it that only whites can be racists??

What can you say? When a man is right he is right.

eggable ..Are you poached or just scrambled.

• K B
    Favorite Answer

This is American input. I find it interesting that the most vocal of you want to use their input to back up your arguments but expect your own fellow South Africans and government to do what Americans never did - solve a racial problem over night. Indeed the racial thing in the States has been going on for hundreds of years and involved at least one outright war. The upgrading of education and employment for blacks there has been an ongoing thing since the 1960's - that is almost 50 years but you folks want immediate perfection. This does not happen in the real world.

There are extremist of all sorts everywhere so finding one to back up your particular argument is not and should not be a surprise. But making their utterances sound like they were handed down by God is lame and only the lame brained read these things and accept them blindly. It is not true that only whites can be racist. It is true that whites have the most experience at being racist and wielding it with a club when they wanted to. This is not a South African thing. It is anywhere where whites rule or have ruled nonwhites. That is a good chunk of the earth's surface.

Have you heard of The Serenity Prayer? It goes like this:

"God, give us grace to accept with serenity the things that cannot be changed, courage to change the things that should be changed, and the wisdom to distinguish the one from the other."

I do not think you will ever bring Apartheid back to life so accept it's death. You can change your attitude - try 'Do Unto Others' for starters. To use an Americanism - It ain't gonna be easy but you are strong and can do it. If you change your attitude, obsess about racism a little less and what you and your strengths can do for others more, YOU can do damned near anything. Spinning your wheels on black ice will cost you a tank of gas (petrol) and get you no where fast.

Do not waste your pixels calling me liberal. It is just a word like whitey, Canuk and Yank among others. And in fact this is not Liberalism - it is logic. Sorry! We Canuks love logic. :o) Want to do something really good - complain loudly about the cost of fuel - this may be the last year I will able to afford to come here and I love spending my winters in SA.

I am from South Africa and I have my share of racism. I have grown up between racism and even have family members who are racist. I understand the concept..racism. I grew up and learned that there are more to life than everything else including racism. Why can't we be one nation...I know this is a little sentimental, but then we need to get ourselves familiar with the term and unfortunately..it starts with love for ourselves. If we understand that we can love other people around us it doesn't matter what colour.

Unfortunately I have experienced this from, black and white sides. Which is a little sad, people has to care about other people more than to an absolute point like this and a thing like the colour of our skins.

I have my share of experience in life. I have seen white people cry when they see the care of a black person towards a friend, I have seen black people suffer when a thug took her only money from her bank account. I can think of many examples. Now we have the same needs all of us are human beings. We are parents to kids(kids we love with all our heart)..we want the same for our loved ones. Why not start work in the same direction. Being divide means we going in the wrong direction and even war. We do not want to see our daughters being prostitutes, raped and our elderly, kids, mothers, fathers and families slaughtered. That is where we heading.

I think we can be a great country if we work towards on goal.

Peace

Doors fan/Pee Wee.

Think about that...only God can make us a great nation.

I am neither wht nor blk i am just a human being !!

After all i also live in South africa and i have a choice. I want to live here!

You also my dear friend have a choice . Either you live here or get the hell out and go and live where you think you will be comfortabe.

You are an extreme right wing - thats all just like Eugene Terblance

edit:@ canned ice 69:

I can leave but i'm riding the storm for now. I know there's problems with the govn. etc crime is out of control etc and many other issues, the best thing to do is unite and make this country a better place for all.

edit : poaced or scrambled buddy - anything you choose

en ek is tweetaalig ook

Hi there

What an emotive subject, I know full well of the divide between Whites and Blacks, there are a lot of truths both sides of the spectrum. These

truths are often used as weapons used to justify hurts of others. (Individuel or multiple). Just like the devil, he stirs things up, then he in turn goes to God and complains about their stinking attitudes.

So this is a reflection of demonic forces in the natural and spiritual realm. There is no forgiveness here, and mankind don't either, unless

people get saved. ( en mass. )

So an example, the blues and the greys had a 'Civil War' over slavery.

Oh Yeah!. The North won, (limitedly). But not the hearts and minds of the South. Slavery went, persecution by the carpetbaggers of the northerners, In turn persecution of the blacks by the South.

Over here in the UK. Integration between West Indians and Whites have stabilised, they mix well as youths.The Asian youths seem to:- like their communities be a little secular, but are inoffensive. looking back my wife and I were invited to an Indian 21st from one of her work colleagues, were were honoured and feted. we thought it was ours.

You may think I,m a liberal, maybe. though some of the laws do not

help in this country, and are counter productive to the extreme. An

example:- 'Golliwog', a furrie black doll lable on a 'Hartly's' jam jar, it

got withdrawn. Protests from 'The Race Relations Board'. It was in my

belief never meant to be offensive. And was there on sale when I was

a boy.

The RRB is a powerful tool used by all ethnic minorities, and can be biased in Judgement. It can be used to disadvantage whites better qualified in (CV's) - References than Non- Whites,who are employed in -stead.

We too have a 'Multicultral Society'. Don,t blame the ethnics, it is 'The

Government' who turn a blind eye on quite a number of things. To mention all of them from Immigration, to picking up the tab by Councils to house them. 'We the rate payers'!!!. Would fill another page.

I myself want racial harmony, not the riff - raff facist national party to persecuet as Hitler did the Jews and european minorities' and plunge us in the abbyss.

Pee - Wee

Source(s): I HAVE SEEN INJUSTICE ALL MY LIFE.

because WE (ie. white people) are still the group with the power, it's the same reason there are gay rights groups and women's activist groups, because they are still the oppressed minority and are discriminated against by the dominant/mainstream group. it's the same reason anyone who is 'different' at all needs to constantly remind people that they are proud of being like this.

it's fine to be proud of being white, but you must realise that the reason people state they are "proud" of being black, or gay, or female or whatever is because throughout history (and even now- yes it still happens!!) people have made them feel like they should be ashamed of being who they are, rather than proud. my mother said that when she was growing up in the USA, she actually felt embarrassed and sorry for native americans...!!

the sooner people realise this the sooner our societies will no longer be racist. (however, i do agree with you that it is lots of people can be racist or act in a discriminatory way)

We are all laughing at you, whitey. We did not want your progress and do not want everything you have forced us to take from you. We want to live the way we have always lived. I am going to take off my white man's clothes and put on my loin cloth. I will no longer shop at Woolworth's, but I will go and make my own tools and kill my own food. I hope it will not kill me first. I will destroy my computer and leave my nice house and car in Soweto and go and live in a kraal and sit under the mopani and talk and pick my nose and drink beer while my women work in the fields and my boys herd my cattle. And when I get food poisoning or tetanus or or something like that, I will call the n'anga and he will make muti. And it will not work any more than it ever works, and I will die in agony and blame it on the whiteys who made me live in poverty and ignorance. That is how I will live, the traditional African way.

Sybok, Sybok, Sybok...

Listen to KB before he reports you for question abuse. Someone did with my controversial "racist" question.

Anyway ....

Let's do this together: " God, give us the grace to accept........."

(I need to get in touch with some Canadian Indians.... have a few questions for them... find out more about their history and how it's going now.....)

I read this quite awhile ago... I can't say I disagree with his sentiments. However, it would be interesting to know the response from people in the court.

• Nick

This is so true! You know, it's just becoming ridiculous, WORLD WIDE! This whole issue about race/colour... It needs to stop. People keep going on and on about the past, and how badly they were treated, GET OVER IT! And no, it's not because you're black, it's simply because we're white, and we're sick of hearing it all...

Do you know, that there is a black man, who came up with a "solution" to this "PROBLEM"... His solution was to exterminate white people... Where the f--- do people get off? I'm really sorry, but we're trying to move forward in the world, not backwards!!

Here is a link to the video(s):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJw_uhCru

Youtube thumbnail

...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IN5StQAr7

Youtube thumbnail

...

Do watch the first link first, it's a great opinion on the whole "solution" idea...

Source(s): Oh and while we're at it, here is an email I was sent the other day; enjoy it :- Printed in a South African News paper called the Mercury... > Did anyone read the paper last week (Mercury) where the main headline stated > the following? > > It's not too late for whites to say sorry for apartheid............. > > Check the email that went around responding to the headline. It's a kick ass > response. > > > Subject: We Apologise > > To the Previously Disadvantaged > > > We are sorry that our ancestors were intelligent, advanced and daring > enough to explore the wild oceans to discover new countries and develop > them. > > We are sorry that those who came before us took you out of the bush and > taught you that there was more to life than beating drums, killing each > other and chasing animals with sticks and stones. > > We are sorry that they planned, funded and developed roads, towns, mines, > factories, airports and harbours, all of which you now claim to be your long > deprived inheritance giving you every right to change and rename these at > your discretion. > > We are sorry that our parents taught us the value of small but strong > families, to not breed like rabbits and end up as underfed, diseased, > illiterate shack dwellers living in poverty. > > We are sorry that when the evil apartheid government provided you with > schools, you decided they'd look better without windows or in piles of > ashes. > > > We happily gave up those bad days of getting spanked in our all white > schools for doing something wrong and much prefer these days of freedom > where problems can be resolved with knives and guns. > > > We are sorry that it is hard to shake off the bitterness of the past when > you keep on raping, torturing and killing our friends and family members, > and then hide behind the fence of "human rights" with smiles on your faces. > > We are sorry that we do not trust the government. We have no reason to be > so suspicious because none of these poor hard working intellectuals have > ever been involved in any form of corruption or "irregularities". > > We are sorry that we do not trust the police force and, even though they > have openly admitted that they have lost the war against crime and > criminals, we should not be negative and just ignore their corruption and > carry on hoping for the best. > > We are sorry that it is more important to you to have players of colour in > our national teams than winning games and promoting patriotism. We know that > sponsorship doesn't depend on a team's success. > > We are sorry that our border posts have been flung open and now left you > competing for jobs against illegal immigrants from our beautiful > neighbouring countries. All of them countries that have grown into economic > powerhouses after kicking out the "settlers". > > We are sorry that we don't believe in witchcraft, beetroot and garlic > cures, urinating on street corners, virginity testing, slaughtering of bulls > in our back yards, trading women for cattle and other barbaric practices. > > > > Maybe we just grew up differently. > > We are sorry that your medical care, water supplies, roads, railways and > electricity supplies are going down the toilet because skilled people who > could have planned for and resolved these issues had to be shown away > because they were of the wrong ethnic background and now have to work in > foreign countries where their skills are more needed. > > We are so sorry that we'd like this country to fulfil its potential so we > can once again be proud South Africans. > > > Regards, > > > The Previously Advantaged
  • Do you think this is not normal? I think it is normal. You are a whitey so you have no rights, and if you complain, I will send the police to teach you to behave.

Edit: PeeWee, you are a foolish person who does not get his facts straight before he talks. The golliwog was on Robertson's Golden Shred marmalade. I know because I had a golliwog badge when I was little. It looked just like my brother.