Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 1 decade ago

Do you live in a "pro-America" or patriotic part of the country?

Shame how divisive the McCain campaign has become. According to him, I live in a communist section of VA, and I'm not pro-American. Sad

• Steve
    Best Answer

Yes I do. I live in a small town in Central western Ohio. There is a major Air force base 10 miles from my house. We have voted for a republican in my state house district every year but twice since 1900. The local high school is literally in the middle of a corn field. The local high school's web site mentions athletics and it's undefeated football team but doesn't bother having an education link. You can get expelled from the school for having dyed hair or piercings, but they have a FFA (future farmer's of America) and an FHA (future homemakers of America), and it is legal to bring a gun onto the school grounds as long as it remains mounted on a gun rack in the back of your pick up truck. We are so opposed to redistribution of our wealth that our schools' can't maintain a levy for fear that some poor neighbor's kid might get the same education as our kid, and we might pay more for that education. Our water isn't fluoridated because we don't want those who don't have to pay taxes to get a better quality water service thanks to our hard earned tax dollars. We have one of the highest teenage pregnancy rates because our kids know the lessons of making the right choice, and the sinfulness of birth control.

Unfortunately though, I am not pro-American. I drive my kids to a better school district 20 miles away to a more liberal city, where they can take more challenging classes and not be attacked for their wardrobe. I vote every election, not just every other year or presidential elections, but local elections and school and firehouse levies. I vote in favor of more funding for the local school district, even though I withdrew my kids from the school, and I vote to increase my own state and local taxes. I am a registered democrat, canvass my neighborhood (although it feels pretty futile most of the time) for Barack Obama, and don't even have a recipe for apple pie. I like the Cincinnati Reds, and everyone knows if you like the Reds you must be a commie. I listen to Green Day, and read the New York Times. I support the war on terror and not the war on Iraq. I watch the Daily Show and rarely attend church.My name's not Joe, and I actually pay my taxes. I was the first person in my family to ever get a college degree, and it was a liberal arts degree in Political Science. Maybe someday I will rejoin the union the McCain campaign associates with the rest of my neighborhood, but for now I must be a Fake- American Commie. (It's sad, but I still like John McCain, despite the odd feeling that he has been taking campaign advice from Ann Coulter).

YES - very much so! We live in Northern Virginia, just outside of Washington, DC. Most people in my neighborhood have American flags flying proudly. Many of the families around us are military families, and the vast majority of the people in this area give a lot of respect to our brave men and women in uniform.

I am so happy to live here, where there is a lot of patriotism as well as a lot of culture and diversity.

Some of my neighbors have McCain/Palin signs up while others have Obama/Biden signs up. Yet everyone respects each other and gets along very well.

And THAT is what America is all about, in my opinion. Recognizing that we have freedom of thought and freedom of speech, and being respectful of those who hold differing views.

Welcome back McCarthy:

The term "McCarthyism," coined in 1950 in reference to McCarthy's practices, was soon applied to similar anti-communist pursuits. Today the term is used more generally to describe demagogic, reckless, and unsubstantiated accusations, as well as public attacks on the character or patriotism of political opponents."

Are there anti-American parts of America?

I live in pro-America part of Virginia and still not voting for McCain/Palin.

Well since I'm a "liberal" and Montgomery county is a liberal part of Ohio, I'm assuming I'm in "Anti-American" America.

• No, I live in a big city, that makes me un-American and a liberal elitist.

Oh, correction, in spite of all that, I'm a true American, because my state is dark red.

Oh, correction, everything about is pure b%^lcr$p.

I'm in anti-American Eastern Pennsylvania.

Im in KGB Westchester NY

No. I live in a Red State.