hiplady asked in Arts & HumanitiesHistory · 1 decade ago

have you ever been to woodstock(1969)?

Favorite Answer

No I was busy elsewhere. Vietnam..

Source(s): mind of mine
  • Mee D

Nothing happened at Woodstock in 1969. In August 1969 there was a big music festival featuring many big name performers of the time but it was held in nearby Bethel, NY which is about 40 miles from Woodstock.

• I wanted to go but I was only 14 at the time. I do have the album and I have seen the movie. The old Fish Song was a really radical thing at the time. I mean that word just wasn't used in concert back then. Of course the Doors and even Hendrix took it further.

As she shakes her fist And shouts in rage The torrents of rain Drip onto this page As she looks to the clouds And stares at the sky The droplets still fall right into her eye Her screams are muffled No one can hear As the thunder explodes And deafens their ear The rain will continue While the shaman holds his rod After the virginal sacrifice To the mighty Rain God It was a complex ceremony Followed by the orgy and soiree Do you know how hard it is To find a virgin today?

I've been to Woodstock several times since 2000 or 2001. They get a lot of mileage out of a concert that didn't happen there...

I SO totally wish! I was born in 1971 so I'm sure I wasn't even a thought yet!! My aunt was there though!

I grew up pretty close to there, but never went :(, altho I have enjoyed the music from that day many many many times!

No but I wish I was there. What a cool party

NO!..Thank goodness,...Though I been in Milwaukee..almost as BAD a place as that Woodstick dump.

No, unfortunately I missed it. My parents wouldn't let me go. ♥