Atheists: Why are you answering questions here?

Just curious...being a atheist is a decision to not spend mental energy entertaining fantasy...it is similar to deciding not to believe in santa clause anymore. However Why are you in here...why are you not in a kids forum debunking Santa Clause? my theory...your wanting faith but you require a strong... show more Just curious...being a atheist is a decision to not spend mental energy entertaining fantasy...it is similar to deciding not to believe in santa clause anymore.

However

Why are you in here...why are you not in a kids forum debunking Santa Clause?

my theory...your wanting faith but you require a strong argument for you to consider things

remember, Atheism is a belief system in itself btw...it is a belief that you have the absolute definitive answer to all things based on no proof whatsoever...dismissing anything that does not fit into your predetermined box as simply fantasy, imagination, or unmeasured results that therfore do not count (sounds like a religion to me)

-Agnostic (recovering Athiest)
Update: ok, so some good answers, and yes...I see merit in a stand against organized religion interfering with scientific progress when clearly it should not be of their concern. I still very strongly maintain however the fact that atheism requires a system of beliefs that in itself is a religion, or more damning, a... show more ok, so some good answers, and yes...I see merit in a stand against organized religion interfering with scientific progress when clearly it should not be of their concern.

I still very strongly maintain however the fact that atheism requires a system of beliefs that in itself is a religion, or more damning, a false trueism of the universe that is impossible to know.
I seen someone ask a question:
Will I go to heaven when I die?
3 answers stuck out to me

1) no
(beep, WRONG! thats your system of belief answering a question you simply dont know)
2) yes
(beep, WRONG again for the same reason)
3) I dont know
(ding ding ding, we have a winner!)