Autobiography in Third Person?

Can I write my autobiography in third person? Being that the definition of an autobiography is a story written by someone about that person, I don't see how the narritive point of view would matter..right? I asked my English teacher and she said it would be okay, but she knows nothing about the subject..seriously.

Thanks guys!!

big help u were!!

(unsarcastically)

Favorite Answer

You can write your autobiography any way you want - it is, after all, your story of your life. But if it's written in the third person, people reading it may assume that it is a biography (ie: someone else's story of your life), that's all.

• avey

A biography is in third person An autobiography is often interior the 1st person attitude it is the reason it quite is an autobiography because of the fact that's the honestly person discussing their own reviews.

It is completely possible to tell your story in the third person. I believe John Steinbeck's Garden of Eden was written that way as his autobiography.