Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleSkin & BodyTattoos · 1 decade ago

Are tattoos and piercings sins?

from what i hear jesus wont recognize us with tattoos or piercing. But when we die our bodies stay here only our souls leave so technically we wont be marked..and if that's the case wouldn't we not be able to dye our hair wear earrings or makeup and fake nails.

Best Answer

The thing is that we are all created in God's image. If we alter our body because we think we would look better we are practically insulting God. Like yourself the way you are or else you are saying that God is not good enough.

If Jesus can't recognize you with tattoos, then he wouldn't be omniscient, would he?

Getting tattoos is a sin, according to the Bible.

Leviticus 19:28 says: "You shall not make any gashes in your flesh for the dead or tattoo any marks upon you: I am the Lord."

Matt 5:17-18 says that every letter of the Old Testament Law is still valid.

Anyone who gets a tattoo is lying and a hypocrite if they claim that they do what the Bible says.

Jesus will certainly recognize you with a tattoo or piercing. I'm religious and I don't personally believe they are sinful in nature. Jesus and the New Testament are all about focussing on the bigger issues, like faith, love, and treating people well and loving God, not trying to obey thousands of tiny rules every day. I don't think Jesus would stop loving a person just for sticking a bit of metal or ink in their body, you know?

The Bible says to treat your body as a temple for God. However, I believe that means simply being healthy and taking care of your body. Tattoos don't really damage your health. And even if it is a sin, it's nothing that can't be forgiven. I would think that if you got a tattoo especially one with a Christian connection, that Jesus might even be honored in some way, who knows?

I'm personally not getting one because I'm afraid Santa Claus won't bring me any presents this year :(

Ok cynical, sorry if you're religious, but I'm not.

If Jesus is real, which I'm highly doubting at the moment, he'll want to hear about all the good things you did for people, not the brief amount of time you got getting a tattoo at a parlor.

We no longer live under Mosaic Law (after Jesus sacrifice) so they are not forbidden. If someone says they follow that instruction then they should be following everything in Leviticus to the letter, but I bet they don't.

i myself am not a religious person but i grew up in a very religious family. I was brought up being told that tattoos and piercings were a sin. And that there's something in the bible about not marking your body... idk... i have many many tattoos and a few piercings and i've been talked to a hundred times about how they aren't right. its really just how you believe.my great grandmother goes to a church who believes that you shouldn't cut your hair, or wear makeup, or anything in those sorts.

idk about any of it.. Its very confusing. so i stay outta it. =p

it's a little known fact that jesus (or "jc" as he was known in the hood) had huge tats under his robe. i bet you never knew he had a body suit. well, he did. he also hid his gauged ears with his long hair. and if you look in his beard you'll see a labret piercing there.

tattoos are not a sin in anyway, some christians just try to brainwash people

Tattoos aren't a sin, even the jewish people got tattoos during WW2 as a sign of their unity.