Ozzy B asked in SportsRunning · 1 decade ago

Is running six miles a day too much?

I started running to slim down, and lose about 10-20 pounds. I started at running 3 daily, but increased it by 4 and then by 6. My dad thinks running 6 is too much, and will hurt your knees and make your legs sore.

So, is running 6 miles a day too much? How much should you run every week?

Favorite Answer

it depend on the person shape

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Is running six miles a day too much?

Source(s): running miles day much: https://biturl.im/ZLfkH

Listen to your body. Running 6 miles everyday might wear on your body, so try to come up with a routine. Do distance runs on Mondays, wednesdays and fridays, and then do a "re-coop" run on tuesdays and thursdays by only running 2, 3 or 4 miles. also make sure your doing warm ups, and stretching before and after. Also be sure that your drinking water. If your running six miles a day, you should probably be drinking between 5 and 7 water bottles a day. Seriously.

it depends on your body . i am accustomed to running an average of 10-15 miles a day when im at practice i run about 4 or 5 miles then when i get home i run for a while but ive been running for about 4 years

If yo do run and exceed your limits it may be abd for your knees since you put a lot of pressure on it. Out track team runs a lot 6 miles is not that much. Some people do a lot more.

Well it depends on if you can handle it. If your legs are killing you and your joints are swollen then its too much. But i can handle 7-8 miles a day without huritng myself, so just listen to your body.

Source(s): Varisty XC

hahaha no. I run up to 13 miles a day and i know people who run more.

I run 6miles per run, 6 times a week, thats enough for me, i doubt your body will appreciate you ponding youtr knees as much as you do, just do it 4 times a week opposed to 7!

it all depends on you.if your ok with running 6 miles, then keep doing it. if you can handle running that much then keep running that far.

• yeah

one of my friends had to get knee surgery because she ran too much.

just make sure you run on a soft surface like grass or a track.

it's not...it's about right as good exercise ...detrimental to your health is upwards of 30~... of course this number decreases with your physical condition