Totally confused: Should I get PS3 or Xbox 360?

PS3:

-I'm afraid the controller might be uncomfortable, specifically the analog sticks and trigger buttons

-Looking forward to more games, specifically GoW3, Heavy Rain, inFamous, Resistance 2, and LittleBigPlanet

-$400 is a lot of money, not to mention $55 for another controller

-Free online play is fantastic, but is it worth the extra couple hundred dollars?

Xbox 360:

-Cheaper, which is always good

-Not thrilled about paying $50 a year for online play, not to mention I need a wireless adapter for $100

-Only exclusives in the future I'd buy would be GoW2 and Fable 2

-Comfortable controller, cheaper too

Prices:

PS3: $400 for the console + $55 for another controller = $455 total

Xbox 360 (Arcade): $200 for the console + $35 for another controller = $235

Xbox 360 (Arcade with Live): $200 for the console + $35 for another controller + $50 for online play + $100 for wireless adapter = $385, still cheaper than PS3 but with additional $50 per year

I don't want want Live if I have to pay for it, I don't care how good it is.

I know the exclusives on both, I just listed the ones I was interested in here, so please don't bring up Halo, Haze, etc.

Price-wise I would go with the 360 in an instant. But the PS3 has more exclusives I'm interested in, not to mention I think the listed PS3 exclusives look more interesting than the listed Xbox ones.

Is it worth spending $220 more for just games that are more fun (in my opinion)? Again, I don't really care about online play, but I would certainly use it on the PS3.

I just need advice, opinions, suggestions, etc. I've looked at each extensively, so it would help if you say why one is a better choice for me over the other. I know both would be fun to play, but I also have a strong feeling that I would get more fun out of the PS3, but is it worth the extra money?

I intend to use it for casual gaming with my friends. I have a Wii, but it just isn't doing it anymore. Right now the only argument I have for getting a PS3 is the listed games and free online play

Favorite Answer

Looks like you have done a lot of research. Honestly it looks that you will make more use with a PS3 than you would with a Xbox 360. PS3's Playstation Network is improving rapidly as time goes on matching Xbox LIVE in many ways and is continuing to get new players (about 14 million LIVE subscribers and about 12 million Playstation Network players). Also it looks like you want games that are only on the Playstation 3, this will benefit you since most multiplatform games also released for the PS3. The Playstation 3 is a good multimedia system that allows for you to watch videos (DivX files and Blu-ray movies), listen to music, and view photos much easier than the Xbox 360. If more of your friends play the PS3 than its a more better reason to get it; if they have a Xbox 360 and you don't want to feel left out, then you should get the Xbox 360 (at the cost of $50 a year for LIVE subscription). If your used to the PS2's Dualshock 2 controller, then there's no difference between the PS3's Sixaxis (discontinued) and Dualshock 3 controllers to the Dualshock 2 (besides the R2 and L2 buttons, they are also better to play a wide variety of games with). The Xbox 360 is cheaper because it wasn't made with real quality parts and was designed with a fatal flaw (noticed by RROD, which will never be completely corrected) which lead to high failure rates (also why I don't have a Xbox 360 even now). It's worth the extra fun and features for a PS3 and for console that will be reliable. In the end its your money and the decision is ultimately down to you.

Source(s): Playstation 3 owner (60GB launch version) Wii owner

Definately PS3.. its worth the money. Think about it. do some more research

Source(s): got 1