Science fair! Science fair! Science fair!?

What are some good science fair ideas? (preferably on the 9th grade/high school level)

They can't be a demonstration and absolutely no volcanoes, lol

Thanks for your help! =]

***they must be experiments that prove/disprove a hypothesis.

****also please include some of your science fair experiments you have done in the past, too, if possible

Best Answer

ok ...umm can a tennis ball float better in salt watter or plain water...

For my science fair project i did: How do Video Games Affect Reaction Time? In order to do this, i had three different people catch a ruler (directions for this method of finding reaction time can be found online). Then i had the people play video games for about 30 minutes - an hour. Then i did the reaction time method again and wrote down the changes. There is also a lot of information online about the stimulation of the brain. Hope this helps!

• Mizzy

fruit batteries

which cheese grows mold fastest

can salt affect plant growth

does the color of text affect memory

the last one I recalled invovled spiderwort plants, windex, red and blue cellophane, and all I ended up learing was there is such a thing as too many variables.

I did one with my kids where you get 5 people and have each one drink a different beverage to see the effect of caffeine on the heart rate.

They hypo was Caffinated beverages make your heart rate higher variables are one person drinks water,one soda, one red bull,one tea and one coffee and one non caffinated carbonated beverages.

• Melana

Do something with plants..it's easiest. Something like, "does plant food really effect how well/fast a plant grows?"

Make a doomsday device