I got some new orthotics and they hurt a lot. Is this normal?

Follow
  • Follow publicly
  • Follow privately
  • Unfollow
I have mild cerebral palsy, so my feet pronate in a little (they roll in). I got some orthotics in my shoes to help fix this, but they hurt a lot! I had some similar ones 2 years ago, ...show more
Update : Well, my feet and legs look a lot better aligned with the orthotics, ...show more
Best Answer
  • jim w answered 6 years ago
i had to have them for fallen arches you will get use to them at first they hurt my dr said wear a good pair of tennis shoes with them
  • Rate
  • Comment

Other Answers (10)

Rated Highest
  • Rated Highest
  • Oldest
  • Newest
  • Grease Monkey answered 6 years ago
    Your foot should have a comfortable fit inside the orthotic because it was made to fit you. Go back to your doctor and tell him/her that they are making you uncomfortable.
    • 1
    • Comment
  • rick JAMES answered 6 years ago
    yes theyre supposed to make them bigger each time.

the pain is a little tricky, you have to try distiguish whether it from your feet takinging taking on a new mould, or they just didnt do it properly, which does happen because take it from me, orthotics can be very tricky to mould correctly.

if your able to, just wait a few days and if it still hurts, go back to them. if not, then just go to them now, there are ways to make it less painful
    • 1
    • Comment
  • Imaka answered 6 years ago
    You need to go back to where you got them and get the fit checked. It is normal for new orthotics to be a bit uncomfortable, but not to the degree you are describing.
    • 1
    • Comment
  • Lisa M answered 6 years ago
    call the person who made the orthotics they will prob have to adjust them.
    • 1
    • Comment
  • michael43551 answered 6 years ago
    I get orthotics, too, but only because I have fallen arches.

I would call the place where you had them made and tell them what is going on. It is not normal, I don't think, for something to hurt this much - something isn't right.
    • 1
    • Comment
  • S P answered 6 years ago
    Go back to where you got them.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • luvjamie2 answered 6 years ago
    yes
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • bodmodangel answered 6 years ago
    call your doctor and alert them; they need to change them out for ones that aren't painful. I just had ACL replacement and the first brace they put me in hurt my leg awful and I spoke up and was moved into another that doesn't hurt at all.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • hyperwriter16 answered 6 years ago
    Yes, this is normal. It's just like when you first start stretching after never stretching out your muscles before, and so they hurt, but after you stretch, you feel sooo much better.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Sign In 

to add your answer

• ESND answered 6 years ago
    Yes, it is normal. Your feet hurt because, like braces for your teeth, your feet are being "re-aligned" so you walk normally.
    • Rate
    • Comment

Who is following this question?

%
    BEST ANSWERS
    Member Since:
    Points: Points: Level
    Total Answers:
    Points this week:
    Follow

Unfollow

Block

Unblock