I got some new orthotics and they hurt a lot. Is this normal?

I have mild cerebral palsy, so my feet pronate in a little (they roll in). I got some orthotics in my shoes to help fix this, but they hurt a lot! I had some similar ones 2 years ago, but these go up a little bit more. They aren't high enough that they go past my shoes, but they definitely go up higher than my old... show more I have mild cerebral palsy, so my feet pronate in a little (they roll in). I got some orthotics in my shoes to help fix this, but they hurt a lot! I had some similar ones 2 years ago, but these go up a little bit more. They aren't high enough that they go past my shoes, but they definitely go up higher than my old ones. Anyway, when I stand, I have sharp pain on the side of my foot, even after I put moleskin and foam on the spot that is bothering me. My old ones hurt as well, but not like this. What should I do? Is this normal, will it go away with time?

Thanks! :-)
Update: Well, my feet and legs look a lot better aligned with the orthotics, it's just that they really hurt! I think I'll try and stick it out for a couple more weeks or so, and if they still bother me the same, I'll go back.
11 answers