promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsFootball (American) · 1 decade ago

How Many Current NFL Head Coaches never played a down of Football in their life ?

And of the Head Football Coaches that fall into this category , do you think the players respect them any more or less , just curious .

Update:

I mean either Professional or College

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I know Bill Belichick never played football as a professional. He did play in college as a center and tight end, but Wesleyan is not exactly known as a big football school. He is extremely well-respected by his players, and although he gets mixed reviews from the general public across the country, most have to admit he is a talented coach and knows what he is doing.

I'd imagine that any NFL head coach would have had to have played at least some level of football.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    5 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

How Many Current NFL Head Coaches never played a down of Football in their life ?

And of the Head Football Coaches that fall into this category , do you think the players respect them any more or less , just curious .

Source(s): current nfl head coaches played football life: https://tr.im/VQ4Ql
  • Megan
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Yes, he did play college golf. His dad was the Director of Player Personnel for the Pittsburgh Steelers (1971–1990) and New York Jets (1991–2002) and also a former NFL cornerback (1959–1964) and got him a scouting job in 1995 for the Jets and he worked his way up through various coaching jobs until now.

• 1 decade ago

I don't think any fall into the category of never playing a down in their life. Granted some of them may seem like they have no experience, but I think at one time or another they all have played at least a down at sometime in their life.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I bet that they all have played at some point in their lives.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

in an organized league? idk

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.