Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsFootball (American) · 1 decade ago

How Many Current NFL Head Coaches never played a down of Football in their life ?

And of the Head Football Coaches that fall into this category , do you think the players respect them any more or less , just curious .

I mean either Professional or College

Favorite Answer

I know Bill Belichick never played football as a professional. He did play in college as a center and tight end, but Wesleyan is not exactly known as a big football school. He is extremely well-respected by his players, and although he gets mixed reviews from the general public across the country, most have to admit he is a talented coach and knows what he is doing.

I'd imagine that any NFL head coach would have had to have played at least some level of football.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Source(s): current nfl head coaches played football life: https://tr.im/VQ4Ql
  • Megan

Yes, he did play college golf. His dad was the Director of Player Personnel for the Pittsburgh Steelers (1971–1990) and New York Jets (1991–2002) and also a former NFL cornerback (1959–1964) and got him a scouting job in 1995 for the Jets and he worked his way up through various coaching jobs until now.

I don't think any fall into the category of never playing a down in their life. Granted some of them may seem like they have no experience, but I think at one time or another they all have played at least a down at sometime in their life.

I bet that they all have played at some point in their lives.

in an organized league? idk