Avatar
Avatar asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 1 decade ago

Is McCain an ACTUAL Neo-Con?

Now, before you start McCain bashing, note that I'm asking if he has ACTUAL connections to ACTUAL Neo-Conservative groups (such as PNAC, and AEI) and people (such as Rumsfeld, Wolfowitz, Abrams, Perle, Libby, etc.)?

I'm beginning to believe Bush was terminally used by Cheney and Rumsfeld to implement their sickening personal beliefs in U.S. imperialism and hegemony, and has seemingly realized it far too late...

So, is McCain an ACTUAL Neo-con? More of a traditional "middle of the road" Republican? Or "middle of the road" but supported by actual Neo-cons so they can maybe stay in power?

• Jack X
    Best Answer

Does it matter if he really believes their nonsense or if he's just willing to act on it?

• Anna P

He's never been a neo-con. However, he's been co-opted by them. Yes, Cheney has actually been running the country, God help us. I've always liked and admired him, but he has turned into someone else for this election. If he gets elected, I just hope he can serve out the whole four years.

• McCain USED to not be a neocon, but he has aligned himself with the wing to try to get himself elected President. It sucks to watch. "Bomb, bomb Iran"? That's a neocon talking.