Christian Ideas for a science fair project? ?

I'm in 10th grade,and I need an idea or two for a Christian science fair project.

And I want it to be original and creative.

Got any ideas?

Best Answer

Barbie Doll Electric Chair

Source(s): Barbie Doll Electric Chair Science Fair Project http://www.instructables.com/id/Barbie-Doll-Electr...
  • Ray G

Mercy! I can't believe the hatred that adults spew at a school girl just trying to work on her project. You people have no shame whatsoever.

On to her question. "Original and creative" is not easily found at a science fair. There is not much that can be done by a teenager that hasn't been done. My cousin went to a Christian school and he built a still in the gym and ran some honey through it to make a really smooth burning bio fuel. He got the idea because he raised bees on his father's farm. I'm not sure what resources you have to work with, but you might want to look up a book called "700 Science Fair Projects for Everyone." Obviously, there won't be anything new in that, since it is already in print, but it will give you ideas.

Well, ignoring the fact that the story of Noah's Ark is so incredibly destructive and hardly what science wants to deal with...

You could perhaps show the relationships between the flood in Noah's Ark and how it compares to the possible flooding the melting polar ice caps may cause. For example, if you get a (small) rectangular aquarium and make little hypothetical buildings (milk cartons, k'nex buildings, etc.) and put in some big ice blocks (representing the polar ice caps), you can show how the volume changes before and after the ice completely melts. Doing so will give you a scientific representation of the destruction the ice caps may cause.

After that, you could *probably, and I say this because it's totally unbiblical* propose that God's flood was actually metaphorical for the polar ice caps melting and flooding the world.

It's a VERY, VERY, far long shot though. There are so many holes in this idea (I could have pointed them out as I typed this up) that the thought of it getting through without getting some harsh criticism is almost... unimaginable. Anyway, it's just an idea to get your started.

• Carole

If you mean a pro-Creation science fair project, then you're out of luck. Unless you're prepared to be completely dishonest (or limit your research to completely dishonest people), you won't find any real science in Creationism. It's not because of bias, convention, or an "atheist agenda" as is so often claimed (I personally know lots of scientists with a strong religious faith). It's just that Creation proposes a supernatural event - the creation of the world by God. Since science is the study of the natural world, the supernatural would be outside of it's purview. What's more is that you can't subject Creation to the scientific method. It doesn't build a conclusion from gathered evidence, but rather starts with the conclusion that we were created, then works backwards from there. Finally, every argument that I've heard is a classical logical fallacy - the argument from ignorance. "We don't know how X evolved, so therefore it had to have been created." This sort of fallacy doesn't hold up if you apply it to other concepts - for example, 300 years ago, we didn't know why people got sick... so does that mean until the germ theory was thought up, disease was actually caused by God's displeasure? The biggest problem, though, is that the sole supporting evidence for Creation comes from the Bible. Every culture has their own creation story... so why is it that Biblical creation is more valid than, say, Navajo creation? The simple answer is "because the Bible says so." Where does this authority come from? Because God says the Bible is His word. How do we know that the Bible is His word? Because it says so in the Bible. It's a circular argument from authority. Don't get me wrong, though - I'm not knocking the Bible. It's a perfectly good example of religious faith. In the end, it comes down to belief and faith, though, not objective scientific evidence. To try and shoehorn belief into science degrades both - science becomes less objective, and religion loses it's aspect of faith. So, in short, I don't think you'll be able to find a good science project that mixes religion and science. The two don't have to conflict, but they really can't overlap.

Simple

1 - Creation (Studying the science behnid Creation, the theory that is a challenge which spltis the area of how lfie came to being, creationist and evolutionist)

2 - Archaelogy of Christian Science e.g. Moses' Ark

3 - How do Scientists identify relics from Christianity and mainly the Jewish religion

4 - Is there a God or not? How did the Pope die by a Jew's prophecy? Quite intersting search it up, Pope Nichloas III and Abulafi's and his interpretation of the Kaballah (I found this interesting as a Historian)

5 - Your ideas are better than mine or anybody;s = )

OR

Simplistic Projects

- Does Gravity work? is there a force which opposes it?

- Mentos and Coke lol

I agree that going to a Creation Science site would probably help. And Christian Science is in fact true science. Everyone who believes that the bible does not completely explain everything we know about science then you are really dense. Most scientific discoveries came about in the 17th cent. I believe the Bible was written way before that and it already spoke to everything we "thought" we were discovering. There are way too many examples to list here.

You keep up the good work girl and I know your project will be awesome.

Explain how God taught Moses how to identify clean and unclean animals by their external appearance from God's working knowledge of these animals internal digestive systems at a time no human on Earth knew the workings of every land animal's internal digestive systems. This knowledge of God's can be found written down in Leviticus chapter 11 of The Bible. Isn't the classification of land animals a field of science? Why yes it is. But how can that be in The Bible that is only a religious book? It's not just a religious book.

OH! I have a great one! Read this!

The first three verses of Genesis accurately express all known aspects of the creation (Genesis 1:1-3). Science expresses the universe in terms of: time, space, matter, and energy. In Genesis chapter one we read: “In the beginning (time) God created the heavens (space) and the earth (matter)…Then God said, “Let there be light (energy).” No other creation account agrees with the observable evidence.

and

The order of creation agrees with true science (Genesis 1). Plants require sunlight, water, and minerals in order to survive. In the first chapter of Genesis we read that God created light first (v.3), then water (v. 6), then soil (v. 9), and then He created plant life (v. 11).

You can like use these verse and then set up a model or something.

You could have a glass box or something, even a cup and the lights are off. Then you say, In the beginning, God created the Heavens and earth, and then light.

Have a cup representing the space or a glass box, then in the glass box or cup have a small globe or object of the earth, then when you say and God said let there be light, turn on a flash light or the classroom lights.

Something like that. Wish i could illustrate it for you better.

Volcano

What the hell is happening to our country's education system?

How about you conduct a breeding experiment where you produce striped goats by having them look at a striped pole while mating. It's in the Bible!

Edit: Yep, Genesis 30:37-40

Source(s): Scientist