Am I a "Near Death" Reject?

I have heard people talk about near death experiences so many times- the 'white light' and such... I've almost died once from a burst brain aneurysm and never once 'saw jesus'

I don't believe in such experiences now- I think they are wishful thinking & caused by oxygen loss. At the time I was a Christian, however.

Any guesses on why I never saw the 'white light'? Just curious on opinions, no serious soul searching going on right now....

Alex, I totally agree with you.

I'm wondering, as a religious person then, why I didn't fall into that category. I guess I'm asking this on a psychological level...

Favorite Answer

our brains, during times of trauma (which would include being near death), can cause us to experience a variety of hallucinations. But, that doesn't always happen.

Why not you?

Who knows?

Too much/too little dopamine or some other neurotransmitter?

You already have suffered a TBI that precludes you from such an experience?

Sorry, too many unknowns...

Not to be offensive, but I would have called myself a Christian too, all through my teens and 20's, and 30's, until my mid 40's. I went to church at Christmas and Easter, I got married in church and baptized my kids in church. BUT I didn't "know God".

Not until I was a "born again" Christian did I get to know the "real personal God". Thats when I realized even though I had called myself a Christian before, I wasn't. .... and the scary thing is I would have been on the road to hell.

If I had had a near death experience during that time, I doubt I would have seen any lights either.

Every experience differs from another. The hereinafter is the best guarded secret of Nature. All we have is personal views of the individuals.

What hereinafter has in store for us depends on our own deeds and beliefs. My God is ONE and the ONLY, Just, Kind and Compassionate. I expect a fair deal at the end of this life. I was duly rewarded of my efforts in this world and hope the similar justice will be my fate in the hereinafter.

maybe because there's no such a thing as white light and they just made things up to support their point of view... As you said you were looking for opinions, don't forget that opinions are like assholes: everyone has one and they all stink.

Perhaps you were not dead enough to experience the white light.

This is just out right funny. there are no criteria about when and how you will see the white light. frankly, if you see it, the chances are, it's too late:):):)

no you are not a reject: the 'white light' is obviously a function of the brain's abnormal state...

I saw nothing but black and green railroad tracks.

Watch this video for one possible explanation....

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4136610474...

The reason you didn't see anything is because you probably weren't dead long enough.