What is to blame for the crisis?

Should we blame economic freedom for the current crisis? Or is government intervention really the culprit? http://www.lewrockwell.com/gregory/gregory165.html I personally think this article makes a great point.

Favorite Answer

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around [the banks] will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered. The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."

- Thomas Jefferson, Letter to the Secretary of the Treasury Albert Gallatin (1802)

Thanks for the link. Excellent article. It's important to remember that the enemies of freedom are ever amongst us.

• Linda

I think too many people was giving their family loans