Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureOther - Society & Culture · 1 decade ago

Why does the media make Malcolm X out to be a bad person?

It's sad how Black people have been taught to look at Malcolm X through the eyes of mainstream white America. They look at him as though he was the anti-christ, then they turn around and look at MLK as if he was some kind of savior. Malcolm X's point was that we should be non-violent when trying to bring about change, but if our oppressor became violent, so should we in self-defense. He didn't teach hate, he taught self-defense. And that's why he's so hated by miseducated whites and Blacks. Because the only other alternative was MLK's plan which was to be non-violent regardless of what happened.

"Be peaceful, be courteous, obey the law, respect everyone; but if someone puts his hands on you, send him to the cemetery." - Malcolm X

Update:

YOU IDIOTS MALCOLM X HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THE BLACK PATHERS WHO I MIGHT ADD WAS AN ORGINIZATION THAT WAS CREATED TO STOP POLICE BRUTALITY TOWARD BLACKS

'

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Malcolm X was sensationalized by the media to give a face to the Black Panther organization that everyone wanted to hate at the time. Although Malcolm X was essentially opposed to violence, save in self defense, he is known as the leader of the Black Panthers, and therefore, responsible for acts of violence he had nothing to do with.

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

Malcolm X spoke directly to the awareness of black human beings whilst Martin appealed to the humanity of absolutely everyone, that's why MLK is way less perplexing to "get" for white human beings. he's greater available. no longer many human beings of any race understand as much as they should approximately the two person although. Hotep- Martin begged for no longer something. you should discover some sand and stick your head in it.

• Eric H
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

The Black Panthers were not a charitable organization - they were people that the bikers didn't cross.

And Malcolm X was their leader.

Not a nice person.

Not by a long shot.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I think he was a brilliant man and had the making of an amazing leader.

Too bad he lived in a time of turmoil.

As for your question, I can only say that he was not that bad of a person.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Right, he was a lot less crazy than some of these fundamentalist Islamicist nut jobs

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

my answer he went to jail.

• 1 decade ago

yawwnnn isnt he dead?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.