How do you answer this college interview question?

why are you interested in this college?

• "G"
    Best Answer

"I am interested in attending this college because it is the best way to accomplish my educational goals and ultimately my career goals. This college has a good reputation and I have a lot to contribute."

U can say u did research on the college and this college above all the others met ur specific needs (like class size, location, etc.)

Don't gush too much or appear insincere. They can prob. smell that a mile away. How bout u answer it with the truth? Why r u interested in the college. Even stuff that doens't sound good, like u heard it had the best parties, can be turned into ' the social atmosphere is great'.

• Mike

Assuming you did some research on the college, you can probably say something along the lines of: Uni of ___ is very prestigious and is ranked ___ in this field so I know I am getting a great education worth every penny of the money invested.

Tell them that you researched the college (make sure you do, lol) and that you feel that you will get the education you need to develop your skills and help your pursue your chosen career.

Hope that helps a little bit

• you can say something like.....i looked at your course catalog and talked to your students and got really excited because it looked like a place for me......you can go on blah blah upon your major (if they have a good reputation for it or not) ( if not and you have some special skill tell them about it and tell them that you are an asset to the institution)...tell them something like...i am interested in this institution because upon what i have read and seen i do believe that it will shape me better into (whatever your want to do) and i believe i have a lot to contribute with (whatever....charisma..hahaha)

Well... I would start with location (if you like to get away from home or if you like to be near home), reputation of the school, if they have any special programs you're interested in etc..

If you haven't already visited the college then go visit it. you'll notice things that you like. or just tell them why you are interested in going there. there has to be a reason considering you are applying there!

Make sure you answer truthfully, but always link the questions to why you would be good here. eg, for question1. you could say something about your "qualities" and how they can help the uni :) hope this help a tiny bit

Because your male to female ratio is 1 to 10,000

say you believe they have a great range of facilities which will be very useful in the progression of your studies.