Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthGeneral Health CarePain & Pain Management · 1 decade ago

What can i do to help with double sinus infections?

First off im 15.......about 2-3 weeks ago i was on 500 mg of amoxicillin three times a day, now my sinus infections still didnt go away so my doctor put me on 875 mg of augmentin three times a day........and a nasal allergy spray Nasonex cause my allergies are kind of bad too......but i take zyrtec everyday

the bad thing is is when i was 5 i was diagnosed with leukemia so my immune system is like zero, i had chemo at 5 -7 years old and because the chemo killed all my cells I have an immune system if a 5 year old! sucks really bad......because of this my body works like ten times harder than a normal person would so i end up having a fever, and missing a lot of school!

Is there any ideas that i can get to make this less painful and get over it faster????? or at least feel better....my head is like pounding from pressure and i have a fever and i missed school today

Best Answer

Considering your medical history you should be talking with your Doctor about your immune system. Vitamin C and vitamin E are generally recommended to boost your immunity, and now there are also Dannon Immunity yogurts in the Diary case at the Super Markets. What about using steam for your Sinus infection to loosen up things and help with the head as well. You do need something for your temperature, call the Doctors office and talk with them, that you are not getting better, and what else they can do for you. Take time, be patient, rest and that will help you to heal up .

This won't make it go away, but what I use for instant relief is putting a hot washcloth over the aching sinuses. It helps for as long as you hold the washcloth on your face. Hot showers help, too.

I'm sorry that you're going through a terrible time, I hope it clears up.

• addams

Get some menthol crystals dilute in boiling water,towel over the pinnacle and breathe interior the vapours. be careful to no longer scald your self. it works everytime. might take a week of doing it each and each nighttime however the alleviation is outstanding.

• Bill

I think you should get some medications for that...