Calling all Christian religions, denominations, sects, etc...?

Using Scriptures (instead of opinions), please tell me what are the bare minimum Biblical requirements we must meet to be considered members of the BODY OF CHRIST.

Are there are any SCRIPTURES THAT DISQUALIFY someone from being considered your BROTHER OR SISTER IN CHRIST IF THEY DISAGREE WITH YOU on these controversial issues:

1) Jesus: God the Son OR Not God, but still the Son of God?

2) Holy Spirit: God dwelling within us OR Inanimate Active Force?

3) Salvation: Faith Alone OR Faith vs Works?

4) Perceived idolatry: Mediators claiming exclusive God-given authority such as the Pope, Governing Body of JWs, LDS Church? Praying to/veneration of Mary?

5) Forbidden or Conscience Matters: Holidays, Birthdays, the Cross, Serving in the Army, Blood transfusions, etc?

6) Door-to-door Evangelism: Mandatory OR Special calling?

7) Saturday Sabbath: Still mandatory OR optional?

There is one thing we all have in common: We believe that the Bible is God's Word.

So put your opinions in your back pocket, and put your Bible where your mouth is.

Again, the question is:

What is BIBLICAL "BARE MINIMUM" we must agree on to be considered PART OF THE BODY OF CHRIST?

Another way to ask this question is:

If you got everything else wrong, what MUST you have right?

My apologies, #4 should have read "Salvation: By faith alone OR by faith *plus* works?"

• MikeM
    Favorite Answer

1) John 8:24 I told you that you would die in your sins; if you do not believe that I am the one I claim to be, you will indeed die in your sins."

...

John 8:58 "I tell you the truth," Jesus answered, "before Abraham was born, I am!"

Matthew 24:24 For false Christs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and miracles to deceive even the elect—if that were possible.

2) I'm not aware of any regarding salvation

3)

Galatians 3:10-13 All who rely on observing the law are under a curse, for it is written: "Cursed is everyone who does not continue to do everything written in the Book of the Law." (11) Clearly no one is justified before God by the law, because, "The righteous will live by faith." (12) The law is not based on faith; on the contrary, "The man who does these things will live by them." (13) Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us, for it is written: "Cursed is everyone who is hung on a tree."

Galatians 1:6-8 I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting the one who called you by the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel— (7) which is really no gospel at all. Evidently some people are throwing you into confusion and are trying to pervert the gospel of Christ. (8) But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let him be eternally condemned!

Ephesians 2:4-5 But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, (5) made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions—it is by grace you have been saved.

Ephesians 2:8-9 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— (9) not by works, so that no one can boast.

Titus 3:5 he saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit,

4) I don't know of any regarding salvation.

5) I don't know any.

6) I don't know any

7) I don't know any. Rather:

Romans 14:5 One man considers one day more sacred than another; another man considers every day alike. Each one should be fully convinced in his own mind.

Romans 14:6 He who regards one day as special, does so to the Lord. He who eats meat, eats to the Lord, for he gives thanks to God; and he who abstains, does so to the Lord and gives thanks to God.

So, to answer. The bare minimum:

1. Believe that Jesus is who He claims to be.

2. Ask for and fully rely on the cross for the forgiveness of our sins.

Matthew 16:16-18. Jesus says that the rock the church is built on is the confession that "Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the Living God."

You cannot be a Christian without believing that. That parallels John 3:16.

The word "church" in Roman times meant citizenry. So translating the phrase into modern terms means that you cannot be a citizen of the Kingdom of Heaven without believing that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the Living God.

The rest of it, Jesus is God, is not required, but most likely if someone reads John 1 and John 8:58, they will understand that too. Understanding does not come all at once. And Jesus does not expect that. Also note that Jesus does not require that you "believe that the Bible is God's Word" either. John 3:16 does not say, "For whosoever believes that the Bible is God's Word will not perish but have everlasting life." Worship Jesus. Do not worship the Bible. God's Word is a living being, not printer's ink on a page.

a. Jesus Christ is God: John 1:1-3; 17:5; Colossians 1:17

Jesus Christ is the Son of God: John 5:18; 6:68-69; 10:30

b. HolySpirit: indwells the Believer & convicts the unbeliever of sin i in their lifes John 14:16-17; Acts 2:38; 5:32; John16;8;

Acts 2:37.

c. Salvation: For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. Ephesians 2:8-9.

d. Authority God; 1 Corinthians 15:24

e. Holidays /birthdays are part of an individuals life

Cross: without Jesus Christ's death, burial and resurrection

from the grave, there is no remissiom of our sins

[ Hebrews 9:21 ]

Army: a nations prptection & a form of work where people can

serve their country.

blood transfusions: a way to save a persons life.

f. Believers are called to evangelize: Matthew 28:19-20

g. Sunday

• RB

The minimum is Romans 10:13 "..those who call upon the lord will be saved.." . (See also Romans 10:9,10). You must believe in Jesus as lord. Some of the other things I can prove wrong, and some are up to debate. A fruit of our salvation would be doing good works.

If you like, E mail me and I will take each point you ask one by one.

To be saved you need Jesus as your Lord and Savior. A good summary of the Christian beliefs is the Nicene Creed. The reference to holy Catholic apostolic church means all who believe in Christ.

http://www.creeds.net/ancient/nicene.htm

If you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved (Romans 10:9).

For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation (Romans 10:10).

John 3:14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:

15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

John 11:25 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

26 And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

Acts 4:12 And there is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.

These links have great Scriptures.

http://www.topical-bible-studies.org/41-0011.htm

http://av1611.com/kjbp/salvation.html

As a side note, James says faith without works is dead (James 2:20). What he means is that when you're living for Jesus the Holy Spirit uses you to do the works God wants to use you to do to bring Him glory. http://www.biblebb.com/files/macqa/1301-E-10.htm Actions speak louder than words.

Everywhere the Apostle Paul went, he preached repentance and faith in the Name of Jesus Christ.

(Acts 20, 26)

In the Bible, everything is in a name - it typcially reveals who a person is, their character, as well as how they operate in the earth. That's why names had to change when people were changed in the presence of God. Abram to Abraham; Jacob to Israel, Simon to Peter, Saul to Paul, etc. So believing in the Name of Jesus Christ includes believing in His Sonship to God, His sinless life, and His crucifixion and resurrection unto our salvation

There is the "bare minimum" unto justification, which means being part of the body of Christ.

The questions you ask regarding actions or works of the law are not part of the equation. The law was not given to draw us closer to God, but to show us our inability to keep the law because of our sinful flesh, and to reveal how desperately we needed a Savior. The law shows our spiritual poverty....it does not accomplish one thing in enabling us to draw closer to the throne or make us more or less eligible to be in the body of Christ. (Galatians)

As we draw closer to Him in relationship, it is only natural that our lives will begin to show more evidence of sanctification (the setting apart and maturing of the believer as Christ is formed within), but that doesn't mean we will begin to adhere to outward fleshly ordinances that were mandated by OT law....but rather the fruit of the Spirit within, including love, joy, peace, gentleness, faithfulness....you get the picture. However, being sanctified is a process that is on-going for the remainder of our lives on this earth, and has nothing to do with ensuring justification. It is an evidence of the new birth and the work of the Holy Spirit within........not a work we can do to obtain that new birth.

The BARE minimum:

Is to acknowledge Jesus as Lord and Savior...Act 16:31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

This man is in Heaven, according to scripture:

Luk 23:40 But the other answering rebuked him, saying, Dost not thou fear God, seeing thou art in the same condemnation?

Luk 23:41 And we indeed justly; for we receive the due reward of our deeds: but this man hath done nothing amiss.

Luk 23:42 And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom.

Luk 23:43 And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise.

He was NOT baptized, he obviously had no time left on this earth to do good works of any kind, there were no doctrinal issues....Yet to deny him salvation is to make Jesus a liar.

I am NOT criticizing James nor am I speaking against the Baptist church, of which I attend...If you come forward at our church, confessing Jesus, we will Baptize you before the sun goes down....

And I know our brother James speaks of faith without works being dead....To the best of my knowledge, this man is the ONLY example of a New Testament Christian who is definitely in Heaven, WHO WASN'T BAPTIZED. He had a pretty good excuse...He was nailed to a cross...Maybe dead in 2 hours...And no, there's not much denying he became part of the BODY OF CHRIST.

What is the PURPOSE of this being mentioned in the Bible? I BELIEVE it is simply there to show US how far Jesus is willing to go FOR US. Maybe also to show us that if Jesus went THIS FAR, we SHOULD NOT ostracize or look down upon those weaker in the faith than we are, but always seek to exhort and edify the "newbies".

There but for the Grace of God go I.

I see that you have very many questions. Why dont you check this web site out. theisraelofgod.com

I have been studying uncut word of God for a almost four years. I have also been practicing it. ALL your questions will be answerd

May God bless you with his love.

Source(s): 1Jo 5:3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

There is only one requirement for joining the body of christ and that is

"FAITH" once that is given to you then all other tings are added.

God loves you....God bless

We are all Brothers & Sisters in Christ...Religious or Not.

I believe Faith-Works, Period.

Only Jesus can decide who is worthy. No man is worthy of making this decision.

I follow the Catholic Church because I believe it is the church Jesus founded 2000 years ago.

Source(s): Catholic@Heart