Why is law biblically referred to as corruptible, corruption, enmity, dung, a corruptible crown and seed?

1Corinthians 9: corruptible crown

1Corinthians 15: corruption

Ephesians 2: enmity

Philippians 3: dung

1Peter 1: corruptible seed

Favorite Answer

Once again, you are deceiveng people. 1Corinthians 9 is NOT saying the keeping of the law is "corruptible, corruption, enmity, dung, a corruptible crown".

1Co 9:24 Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain.

1Co 9:25 And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible.

1Co 9:26 I therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that beateth the air:

1Co 9:27 But I keepunder my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.

1 Corimthians 15 refers to our "physical" bodies. Perhaps it easier for you to understand in the Contemporary English Version.

1Co 15:50 My friends, I want you to know that our bodies of flesh and blood will decay. This means that they cannot share in God's kingdom, which lasts forever.

1Co 15:51 I will explain a mystery to you. Not every one of us will die, but we will all be changed.

1Co 15:52 It will happen suddenly, quicker than the blink of an eye. At the sound of the last trumpet the dead will be raised. We will all be changed, so that we will never die again.

1Co 15:53 Our dead and decaying bodies will be changed into bodies that won't die or decay.

You obviously don't understand that Ephesians 2 is speaking of the carnal mind of the gentiles toward God's laws.

Eph 2:12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:

Eph 2:13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.

Eph 2:14 For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;

Eph 2:15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;

Eph 2:16 And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:

Eph 2:17 And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh.

Eph 2:18 For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.

Eph 2:19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens with the saints, and of the household of God;

There is no argument that no one is saved by the works of the law alone. In Phillipians 3 Paul is only recounting his evil acts under thatformer belief. I wonder what the "pressing toward" is to which he refers in verse 14? Maybe, once again, the Contemporary English Version will come to your assistance.

Php 3:12 I have not yet reached my goal, and I am not perfect. But Christ has taken hold of me. So I keep on running and struggling to take hold of the prize.

Php 3:13 My friends, I don't feel that I have already arrived. But I forget what is behind, and I struggle for what is ahead.

Php 3:14 I run toward the goal, so that I can win the prize of being called to heaven. This is the prize that God offers because of what Christ Jesus has done.

Php 3:15 All of us who are mature should think in this same way. And if any of you think differently, God will make it clear to you.

1 Peter 1 says we are to become Holy by keeping the laws.

1Pe 1:13 Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and hope to the end for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ;

1Pe 1:14 As OBEDIENT children, NOT fashioning yourselves according to the former lusts in your ignorance:

1Pe 1:15 But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation;

1Pe 1:16 Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.

Heb 8:10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

Joh 14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

1Jn 2:3 And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.

1Jn 2:4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

Because the law, in all it's vastness, ultimately can not "stop" anyone from committing sin against God, and can not change their hearts. The Law itself serves as a way for us to know what righteousness is like, what God values, etc. But it was never intended to make anyone righteous - or God wouldn't have instituted offerings for breaking it!

Look at it this way - does any legal system keep you from committing a crime, or is it your consciousness?

Only through a commitment to God, to accept his love and grace, can we ultimately learn to "stop" sinning. We need an incorruptible seed - Jesus! Law can be corrupted because it only serves man.

I would recommend you study each of those sayings in their full context. You'll see exactly what Paul is teaching on this issue. He makes it clear, the difference between law and grace. It is not helpful in understanding the Bible to "cherry pick" verses out of context.

• elyon

In Romans 7 the law is referred to as good, because by the law sin became exceedingly sinful. Without the law, we would know no sin. But with the law, we died, because the wages of sin is death. (spiritually speaking) The law in regards to doing what was necessary for salvation, ie, the sacrifices, etc., was and is corruptible, as Jesus evidenced by beating the money changers on the Temple porch. Man cannot attain to a rightous God by the law, because of pride and lust, therefore it is enmity with God....Who has now provided His holiness and forgiveness to man through His grace by faith in the one and only perfect sacrifice for all...Himself!

The sin of Adam (no longer Eve) is the basis of all human (and the earth's) corruption. Our sin became so super that it threw the earth right into a cycle of degradation that never became in the previous. The lion layed down with the lamb, yet now kills and eats it. in the previous sin, there existed no dying. It won't be able to be regulation, as God positioned the regulation in our hearts and we nonetheless sin against it.

From my research I'm gathering Paul may be a false teacher who fooled Peter.

One of my friends here sent me these verses today by Yahshua, we've been discussing Paul, and we're thinking Paul might be Biblical, but maybe he's Biblical because he's actually a test (not by God) to see how well we know "Yahshua's voice".

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John%2...

What's interesting about these words by Yahshua is it brought me to how Paul chose to be tried. He claimed he wanted to be be tried in Jerusalem for teaching against the law, but changed his mind to be tried by Caesar Nero (maybe thinking Nero wouldn't care about Jewish law, but they smoked him anyway)

Jesus never taught the law was done away. He taught that the written law is fulfilled, oral laws made by men were what he spoke out about. Paul spoke out about all of it.

Paul may have been identified as the "false apostle" in Revelation too, it seems he was, but more investigation in the issue is needed.

The law is like a mirror and shows us our sinfulness. It is the spotlight the reveals our ugliness. If someone relies on himself to fulfill the law, their work is in vain. If they trust in Christ who fulfilled the law, Christs work will succeed.