Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsZoology · 1 decade ago

how do we stop spiders in the home?

Best Answer

Best way is to spray the outside perimeter of your house with a residual insecticide. These pesticides can last up to 90 days under good weather conditions.

Once sprayed on the outside, also use it on the inside perimeter of the home. It should fully dry within a couple hours so make sure to keep pets and small children away.

These will not kill the insects immediately, but within a few hours you'll notice it working.

Why on earth do you want to stop spiders in your house ? They are incredibly beautiful if you study them close up, and they eat the things that I'd much rather not have in my house.

My son's girlfriend hates them, but if I EVER catch her killing them in my house she will be banned for a very long time !

Hai,

Yes. There is a device called lentek. It is meant to keep out rodents...but it do work on spiders. Try it.

I'm with Cyclops. I don't kill spiders - they control flies and mosquitos which do real damage. If I find one in an inconvenient spot, I put it in the garden.

(Mosquitos carry several really nasty infections, apart from Malaria.)

Place block A on the floor. Place spider on top of block A. Take block B and slam it down on block A. Problem solved.

• Gary B

Call the exterminator. he will spray in all the little nooks and crannies where they hide -- and in places you'd never think to look.

ALSO, exterminators use stronger chemicals that can kill spider eggs. Most "home use" spray chemicals don;t kill spider eggs.

Tell them to take their legs off before coming indoors!

not sure about in the home

but if you swallow one you'll have to swallow a bird and this leads to such nonsense!

I don't recommend this method, you'll end up dead from swallowing a horse.

Source(s): I knew an old lady who swore by this technique

Step on them. Hard.

umm...keep your house clean.