Does Disney's Aladdin take place in Iraq?

I know it's just a cartoon but I was really anxious to know. I was just wondering if Aladdin and Princess Jasmine are from an Iraqi origin. I know that Aladdin takes place in 'Arabia' but I want the actually country that it was supposed to take place in. I heard that it was supposed to take place in Baghdad but... show more I know it's just a cartoon but I was really anxious to know. I was just wondering if Aladdin and Princess Jasmine are from an Iraqi origin.
I know that Aladdin takes place in 'Arabia' but I want the actually country that it was supposed to take place in. I heard that it was supposed to take place in Baghdad but disney decided to change the name to Agrabah for fantasy reasons.
So if anyone does know, please share.
Update: Shinigami922: It soesn't take place in Iran, it takes place in an Arabic speaking country and Irani people speack persian. And Aladdin and Jasmine and stuff are all Arabic names.
hehe lol
Update 2: What I heard is that it takes place in ancient babylonian city, which is actually modern-day Iraq. Also, Disney decided to take some of the plot-line from the 1940 film 'The thief of Baghdad(Iraq)' and use it in Aladdin. So I'm actually wondering if anyone else actually agrees that it takes place in Iraq. show more What I heard is that it takes place in ancient babylonian city, which is actually modern-day Iraq. Also, Disney decided to take some of the plot-line from the 1940 film 'The thief of Baghdad(Iraq)' and use it in Aladdin.
So I'm actually wondering if anyone else actually agrees that it takes place in Iraq.