Walmart Leave of Absence?

I have worked for Walmart for two and a half years. My back has been really hurting and my doctor said if it continues she is going to have me out of work with a note. My doctor lives 200 miles away so I can't get in until november. I have had my back x-rayed already and she said it can cause pain and if it does... show more I have worked for Walmart for two and a half years. My back has been really hurting and my doctor said if it continues she is going to have me out of work with a note. My doctor lives 200 miles away so I can't get in until november. I have had my back x-rayed already and she said it can cause pain and if it does she is going to recommend rest for a couple of weeks to a month and cortosone(sp) shots. She said I will be out of work. I am just worried my appointment is two weeks before black friday. Can Wal-Mart deny me a medical leave of absence seems how it is during that time period of "black out dates?" Black out dates time off requests aren't approved from november 1 to january 2.
2 answers 2