Jehovah's Witnesses: a serious question about....?

another Y;A user who "claims to be a JW. Because i love Jehovah and do not want to cause contentions among brothers. i'm hesitant on calling this person out. but seeing we can never know if ones who claim to JWs truly are I'm gonna name his profile name. "blazer 1" in case he's someone i need to be cautious... show more another Y;A user who "claims to be a JW. Because i love Jehovah and do not want to cause contentions among brothers. i'm hesitant on calling this person out. but seeing we can never know if ones who claim to JWs truly are I'm gonna name his profile name. "blazer 1" in case he's someone i need to be cautious of.

well i commented on one of his questions the other day about apostates and DF'd ones. i'm trying to post the link but it won't let me.=( anyways in it he stated how he blocks any DF'd ones,even JWs who answer DF'd ppl's questions.

so in my comment to his question i stated how i only block apostates and ppl who proudly claim to be "ex JWs". but don't block ppl who are inactive or just DF'd.

well he emailed me a somewhat nasty tone email and i quote/post: From: Blazer 1

Subject: Your comment...

Message: Jeremy...show me in the Watchtower where you have the authority to "help" a DF'd person to return to Jehovah.

Elders are the only ones with that ability, and even then, it is limited.

DF'd people are no longer a member of Jehovah's congregation.

well my response was a quote from an 8/1/74 watchtower and i post/quote: i'm not claiming any authority or trying to imply that there is no danger in association of DF'd ones.

but merely stating that if my words (without) association (chatting with,emailing,meeting, ect..) can help or encourage that person to want to return to Jehovahs favor, then i'm all for it. and KNOW Jehovah sees no wrong or harm with that as long as i'm not "mixing in company" or condoning their behavior.

watchtower 8/1/74 article entitled " maintaining a balanced viewpoint toward disfellowshiped ones":

But when we exhort a person to repentance we are not uniting ourselves with him in an amicable union; we are not sharing with him any improper attitude and sentiment he may have shown but, rather, are dealing with him as a person in need of correction. and it also added, "So, not “mixing in company” with a person, or treating such one as “a man of the nations,” does not prevent us from being decent, courteous, considerate and humane."

that sums up exactly what me and melissa was saying. we are in fact showing love to the person by and i quote "exhort a person to repentance"

please feel free to email us back with your apology,lol. no just bein silly! but it proves that as long as we're directing one towards repentance there's nothing wrong with having that one as a contact on Y;A.

well needless to say he was upset that i shown him "from the society" that i was correct in my thinking. and he removed and blocked me as a contact. obviously this is a very prideful and self rightous attitude. seeing he has of recently answered question of DF'd ones and apostates. so my question is. is "blazer 1" really a JW or a poser and someone i need to avoid?

Update: this is not an open invitation to verbally bash blazer 1. nor an invetation for unwanted apostate input. it's only my intent to determine whether this person is who they claim to be. or someone i need to be leary about.
Update 2: again i want to stress that in no way am i trying to stumble anybody or to cause contentions. but simply my intent to know if this individual person fits the criteria (by other JWs standards) as someone who needs to be avoided. if not and other JWs (KNOWN Y;A JWs, not posers) say he is a brother. then he's... show more again i want to stress that in no way am i trying to stumble anybody or to cause contentions. but simply my intent to know if this individual person fits the criteria (by other JWs standards) as someone who needs to be avoided.

if not and other JWs (KNOWN Y;A JWs, not posers) say he is a brother. then he's still someone i love and would give my life for. and if he's not. i still need to follow Jesus's example and show love and compassion towards.
Update 3: good answers so far everybody
Update 4: "angelmusic" thank you for that expirence! i also have some that i'm gonna share/post tomorrow. TY!
Update 5: debbie22, i see and understand your point. but how is a DF'd one, who reads my,your,our words and gets encouragement from those words (not a "wink" or a "pat") any different than them hearing words of encouragement at the KH? i don't know how to make this any more clear. in no way am... show more debbie22, i see and understand your point. but how is a DF'd one, who reads my,your,our words and gets encouragement from those words (not a "wink" or a "pat") any different than them hearing words of encouragement at the KH?

i don't know how to make this any more clear. in no way am i saying i chat with, talk to, feel sorry for, or condone the behavior of any one who's disfellowshiped. so there's NO "mixing in company" going on.

their are many DF'd ones out there who may truly be repentant. but are so beaten and downtrodden by satans world. that all they need to get to their senses are a few words of encouragement. it's a FACT!

so we musn't forget that we also want all DF'd ones back. 2 Pe 3:9 Jehovah is not slow respecting his promise, as some people consider slowness, but he is patient with YOU because he does not desire any to be destroyed but desires all to attain to repentance.
Update 6: Klaudya, Correction! i do not answer any known DF'd persons questions. because you never know it could be a snare. BUT!....i do allow known DF'd ones to have ME as a contact. not me have THEM as one.
Update 7: only apostates, non JWs who slander Jehovah and his ppl, and "ex JWs" who PROUDLY claim to be.
Update 8: do i block.