what is the best guitar under 650 dollars?

I want to get a new guitar and i want to know about the best guitar under 650 bucks

Favorite Answer

Depends what type of music you play/want to play. I agree with NO HEROES though, stay away from Fenders. They suck.

If you want something with a deep, resonant sound, go for a Les Paul. Epiphone do ones that arn't that expensive; I had one once and, although I didn't like the fretboard, it had a nice tone.

Ibanez do some pretty decent guitars in that price range; warning though, the standard Ibanez pickups suck big time. If you want an Ibanez, get one with Dimarzio pickups. Ibanez guitars generally have nice fingerboars too.

I'm not sure about B.C Rich; they seem a bit gimmicky to me, designed for slipknot fans. But it's your choice.

ESP do AWESOME guitars. Seriously. They are so good. But they are quite expensive. I've got one (can't remember which model, it's at my friend's house lol) and it's got EMG active pickups. It owns my jackson in sound quality.

Jackson are decent. Their medium price range guitars are ok, and have really nice fingerboards BUT the pickups sound a bit...not bad, but just lacking. I use my Jackson for practice e.t.c.

But despite all this: find out for yourself. You'll find the right guitar if you go round enough shops testing each out (although, keep in mind the different amps that shops use - don't immediately judge a guitar as bad if you're running it through a Fender Frontman amp lol). If you really want a Fender, get one. If you decide that you'd like some obscure branded-guitar, go for it; just keep in mind that the guitar you're buying is something that you'll have to put up with, so you shouldn't really choose one that you feel might annoy you after a while. A bit like women really, except that women, regardless of how you feel prior to your relationship with them, are guaranteed to annoy you.

save up another 15 and get an Ibanez S 520 EX. I bought one almost a year ago and you can tell its a really great guitar just by looking at it. get it set up, though, because if the one you get is like mine, the strings will be a foot off the fretboard (do that for any guitar really...).

anyway that is an amazing guitar, but if you were to save up another few hundred i STRONGLY reccomend the Ibanez S Prestige. Amazing finish, and everything about it is perfect. I dont have enough money for one, but everytime i go to guitar center i spend a good 20 minutes just messing around on that guitar. its probably the best guitar i have ever played, better than any Gibson or Fender (though, i havent played any more expensive PRS guitars)

the links for both are below...

Ibanez and Jackson are both reliable guitar companies. I would check them out.

WHATEVER YOU DO, no matter what anyone tells you, stay away from fender. almost every guitar they make is terrible, unless you get a vintage (and good luck with that). but if you decide to cave in and get one of them, i suggest the telecaster with humbuckers.

i would also keep your distance from dean. it seems like they cut corners for cost and such, and they usually end up with mediocre paint jobs and imbalanced. cheap wood too.

go to www.musiciansfriend.com and they usually have great prices on all types. under 650 even. it all depends on what type of sound you are going for. if you want something like angus young the website has a gibson sg package that comes with a lot of accessories and an amp, the last time i checked it was between $300-$400. If you are looking for slash's sound they had a epiphone les paul special II package just like the sg package going for around 300 if i remember correctly.

Source(s): www.musiciansfriend.com

There are many. It's amazing what you can get these days. Here's just a few:

- $399 - Fender Standard Strat (http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-...

- $459 - Parker P42 - Awesome guitar! (http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Parker-...

- $599 - Paul Reed Smith SE Custom - Great guitar for the money. (http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/PRS-Gui...

- $669 - Carvin Bolt - Totally custom guitar. You can put together a basic one for $669. (https://www.carvinguitars.com/catalog/guitars/inde...

Anyway, tons of choices out there, so do your research. If at all possible, try to go to a local store and actually get your hands on one, so you can see what works for you. Best of luck!

Fender Telecaster or Stratocatser

Fender Stratocasters or Telecasters. I myself prefer the Telecasters, (I play one)they have a very nice sound to them. :D

I'd get something from Ibanez, you can probably get something great with a through neck.

fender stratocaster

strat.