Why Did Collin Powell Endorse Obama?

Because of Sarah Palin and Because of McCain's racist and Negative ads.You must remember that Collin Powell Grew up in the Jim Crow days so he is well aware of the message Mccain is sending .Kudos for Collin Powell for doing the right thing

• jero
    Favorite Answer

Because he knows what's best for America

Excuse me, but Jim Crow laws were far bafore Powells time! Read some history books!

The reason Powell endorsed Obama is the same reason why the majority of black Americans will vote for him, because they are both black. That's it, no more, no less. The black community already has put Powell down (when he was part of Bush's admin.) by saying he is considered part of the white man's world.

Excuse me, but which McCain ads are racist? I really would like you to explain to me your definition of racist?

• Because Powell thinks Obama has the judgment to lead the country.

• mfcat

You answered your own question but I happen to agree with you. I, too, give a round of applause to Colin Powell....some will say he backed Obama because he's black, but I disagree completely. I believe anyone who has listened to Obama speak knows what a great President he will be, calm, cool and level-headed.

• ilise

It potential that McCain might desire to stop throwing accusations and darts at Obama on the debate, he's purely too old to run for the White abode, yet another George W. Bush, and we don't desire him in the White abode for yet another 4 years . because of fact Barack Obama is familiar with what's he doing and he's making sound judgements on how he's going to straighten out this recession. purely because of fact he's black and has little experience in politics and approximately to visit the White abode does not propose he's stupid or retarded. in case you truly truly substitute to ensue to you and prefer the recession to stop. once you're a real American black, white, eco-friendly, pink, regardless of. once you're tried of no longer having, suffering in the international from paycheck to paycheck, eating rice and beans primary and night, and might't arise with the money to your sought after nutrients, motor vehicle, abode, retirement and so on., and dropping your jobs and getting laid off. an extremely truly smart individual will vote for Obama. an extremely truly dumba*** might vote for McCain.

• DOOM

He didn't. He opposed McCain. Endorsements happen at the beginning of a campaign, not at the end.

Remember that you said it was the right thing to do.

• maxmom

He has a good head on his shoulders.

Why ask a question if you are going to answer it for yourself? Oh, I get it. You are progandizing.

Anyway, duh:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081019/ap_on_el_pr/po...

A-men to that i totally agree!!!!!!!!!!