Is obama pro-Israel ?

you never hear about his stand on Israel

it scares me if he would turn his back on Israel

if he does we as a nation are doomed

Favorite Answer

how can anyone know?

example: Obama says he is pro-free trade. Yet, he has voted for exactly one free trade agreement in the past two years [with Oman] while some ten or so agreements came up for ratification.

On a related front, he publicly says there are problems with NAFTA. Meanwhile, his advisors are telling our Canadian neighbors and partners in NAFTA to not worry because his NAFTA stance is all politics and no substance.

***

special for Pool of Blood -- the deal on aid to Israel is that Egypt gets a similar amount of aid. What is supposed to happen is that if one is ended, the other is ended. Of course, a President Obama might decide to end aid to Israel and give the same amount to Hamas while continuing to aid Egypt. Or maybe end aid to Egypt and give aid to the Muslim Brotherhood.

My point is A) he hasn't said. and B) even if he does say, his word seems unreliable. Ideology trumps his word.

Source(s): Do Obama's words carry any meaning beyond getting himself elected? It would seem that they do NOT.

guess you didnt watch the debates then

yes, a president is required to have a love affair with Israel.

his stand is that he will stand by israel through thick or thin, but Israel must in good faith try to work on creating a 2 state area with the Palestinians

Yes, I don't think any POTUS can turn their back on Israel..but Israel has nukes ..so I would not worry for them..in the long or short run

• veve

when I checked his internet web site he made a useful argument that he substitute into professional Israel, yet movements talk louder than words i do no longer think for a minute that he helps Israel. i think of he's very like Hillary they say regardless of they think of their purpose marketplace needs to pay attention on the time.

• Dani

If he were pro israel, you'd be hearing about it. There's a reason he hasnt taken a stance on it ... Think about that before you cast your vote.

He has said he would not support Israel the way previous administrations have. I have no link to prove it, just memory, so take it for what it is.

Agreed.

Why then is Hamas supporting Obama? Look at what is really going on...Don't just listen to the Media hear do your research.

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=JP...

Israel can do well on her own. No need to siphon billions to them.

• davec

I think he will reluctantly support Israel.