What are your favorite children books?

I've been bringing my kids to the library alot lately but there are so many books I don't know what to borrow. What are some really good books? My kids are 3 and 5 years old. What are some of your or your childrens favortie books?

• jkautt
    Favorite Answer

My five year old is currently really into The Magic School Bus Series, various authors, published by Scholastic Books. A wealth of science related information, put into terms that kids understand.

He also likes Martha Speaks by Susan Meddaugh, and as he's getting into chapter books The Encyclopedia Brown Series. Although my son doesn't care for them I love the Frog and Toad series.

You can also ask any of the librarians...they would be more than happy to help you out.

Also, good for you....reading is so important.

• ?

The Very Hungry Caterpillar

The Gruffalo

any of the Elmer books are good too

The Lion King

I loved "Henry's Awful Mistake" by (I forget the first name) Quackenbush.

I would sometimes read that when the kids weren't around and just laugh at the pictures. It's about a duck who gets an ant in his house and ends up wrecking his house when he tries to get the ant. In the end he leaves his ruined house and heads down the street to Aunt Clara's house (and you see the ant following him - I think with a little tiny suitcase).

• qpdoll

where the wild things are

the giving tree

and any of the i spy books.

Where the wild things are, my kids loved it.