Sonia asked in TravelIrelandDublin · 1 decade ago

Is Dublin a nice place to live?

I'm from the US, but I might move to Dublin.

1. Are people nice?

2. What is the dating scene like?

3. Is the weather ok?

Favorite Answer

Oh man, I completely disagree with the first post. I'm also from the U.S. and I moved to Dublin and absolutely fell in love with the city. Most of the people are so nice. Of course you're going to come across some not so nice people. It is a city, so it has it's downfalls ie. crowded buses/luas/dart during rush hour, noise during the night, trash, etc, but if you don't mind the city atmosphere, which I'm assuming you don't since you're contemplating moving, I would seriously recommend moving. I was single when I moved and I met my husband there (he wasn't Irish, but European. I still like to tell the story of how we both were living in Dublin blah blah blah). So, for me the dating scene was perfect. There's TONS to do there as well. Never a dull night. When I was there the weather was not normal. I was there most of 2007 and there really wasn't a whole lot of rain. Usually it rains everyday, but I was there in an off year. But even with the rain it usually doesn't get super cold during the winter or super hot during the summer. It does get a lot busier during the summer though, so just keep that in mind when you plan to move, especially if you will be needing to stay in hostels until finding a place to live.

Again, I love Dublin. My husband and I are back in the states while I'm in Law School, but we plan on moving back when I graduate because we both love the city so much. I have heard a lot of Irish people say they don't like Dublin and want to leave, but I'm sure that could be for a lot of reasons. Anyway, I'm rambling. Good Luck. Go for it. It's a great place to live.

Dublin To Nice

Dublin is a nice place to live in. Of course, like all places you will meet very nice people, and some who are not so nice. There are lots of places to go to, and if you are friendly then you will meet plenty of people to date. The weather is generally good, this summer was not so good, but we usually have a mild winter, very little if any snow for over 30 years now.

My advise to you is, come on over to Dublin.

Residing in an extensive bay, Dublin lies between Howth in the north and the headland of Dalkey to the south and the River Liffey split the town in two creating using this city an appealing town you will have the possibility with hotelbye to go to it. Dublin has provided the world such well-known literary like: Yeats, Beckett, Joyce, Shaw, and Wilde. Dublin was a UNESCO City of Literature this year therefore is definitely an intriguing city to go to particularly when you want to visit Bewley's Oriental Café ;.Many could say that Bewley's Oriental Café could be the jewel in the crown. Bewley's Oriental Café is a company which was built in 1927.

1) The people are nice, but it all depends on the area you're in - you could be in a friendly area or a not so friendly one

2) There is absolutly no similarity in the non existant "dating" scene in Ireland and the american one you're accustomed to.

3) Most people would say it's bad weather, but I was raised here and couldn't like it more. I can't stand hot countries now. A cold winter day would be about -2 degrees, a hot summer day could be up to 30 degrees

Source(s): Irish, Dubliner, and loving it
  • virgen

would desire to be the incorrect time to come returned. Dublin is a superb place to stay, yet, on the 2d, we are formally in a recession-like lots of the western international. meaning it is going to likely be harder to get the form of jobs that maximum immigrants get. The Irish now choose those variety of jobs for themselves. till you have some very renowned ability, it is going to likely be harder so which you would be able to get a activity. i like Dublin. i like the wit and the charm of the placement. human beings merely have a good experience of humour right here. yet, like everywhere else, it extremely is not any city to be hungry in. think of long and not straightforward till now you come. in case you have something unique to furnish, there will be takers. different than that, perchance you are able to desire to attend a twelve months or so, till the financial mess that the banks brought about performs itself out

Your are from the U.S. but what part it is a big place with different

climates.

Different States have different attributes.

The dating scene, it depends on what you are used to.

Is the weather o.k. again, what are you used to.

Now if you give the above information in your next question then

we will be happy to answer your questions.

Coming from the U.S. one sure thing you have to have lots and

lots of Dollars, you will find it EXPENSIVE the dollar is weak against the Euro

I live there myself...

People will be friendly... obv there will be people who are rude or whatever but normally speaking they are nice friendly people.

The weather is between cloudy, rainy and cold in Winter.. We don't really get snow we get sleet sometimes and frost.

In the summer it vearies.. May is usually the best month of the year for weather... Its sunny but not really really hot.

Hope i helped.

• Ciara

1) The Irish have been voted as the friendliest people on earth so of course! Dubliners have they very openness to them!

2) Could you be any vaguer?

3) The weather in the whole of Ireland is terrible! This summer we had non stop rain! This weather is continuing into Autumn and Winter!

Source(s): I am Irish!

NO NO and NO

I live there and well. ye I don't like it ...