What is the richest religion?

Update:

O and that science one doesn't count...

22 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Roman Catholics. Vatican is one treasure trove of artwork worth billions. Latter Day Saint will fast catch them though will millions ensnared donating anything up to 25% of their income to their chosen cult

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

They are all pretty rich, except perhaps the muslim churches which aren't allowed to make collections. Since it is a world-wide religion, I think the Catholic church must be the richest. But of course a religion cannot be rich in terms of money, only the churches can be rich!

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

What is the richest religion?

Source(s): richest religion: https://tr.im/7ZWIl
  • Pi
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

The Church of Rome has Trillions worth in assets--if not even more.

I'm predicting that the wealthiest Oilmen of the Middle East in conjunction with the Church of Rome will bail out the world during the upcoming global economic depression.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

According to this site it's Mormonism.

I quote:

"The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints:

Has over 12.5 million members worldwide and is one of the fastest-growing and most centrally controlled U.S.-based religions

Is by far the richest religion in the United States per capita, with $25 to $30 billion in estimated assets and $5 to $6 billion more in estimated annual income."

Source(s): http://www.utlm.org/booklist/titles/mormonamericap... I don't think this is right either but it's funny I can't find any annual income statements concerning the Roman Catholic Church. I just found this on one of the other questions on this site. And I quote: "For the Year 2000- For the eighth consecutive year, the operating statement for fiscal year 2000 for the Holy See closes with a net gain of 17.720 billion, equal to $8,516,000 US at the exchange rate at the end of the year of 2,080.89 lire per dollar. The total expenses were 404.378 billion and the total income was 422.098 billion. this is just for "Holy See" of Italy. Imagine all the churches together......WOW 7 months ago Source(s): http://www.zenit.org/article-1900?l=engl...%22 It appears that the Catholic religion is the richest religion in the world.
  • 1 decade ago

You Can not measure Religion in materialist form, any religion which gives you inner peace, teaches humanity, teaches respecting yourself and respect others is the richest religion of all. It could be Christianity, Islam, Hinduism or any...provided you are convinced and have faith in.

• nicko
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

If you mean it in the material sense, then it's probably Roman Catholicism, since they have the Main Church in all its splendour and all. But it you mean it in the spiritual sense, then it's probably all religions, since they teach morals and values that might be considered as 'rich'.

• Sera.
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

Depends on how you define richest. Spiritually, physically?

• 1 decade ago

I'm thinking Christians (Roman Catholics) because of their huge church donations. In the Medieval times, People would donate any money they had so the church would be higher to God.

• 1 decade ago

Christianity. Why you ask? Well, the Bible is the best selling book ever. Also because God promises you Heaven if you believe in Jesus Christ and him dying and ressurecting on the cross. So i guess life on earth and salvation...seems like Im the richest man alive.

• 6 years ago

Latter day Saints

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.