What are my chances at getting accepted (revised)?

***Sorry to keep reposting this, but I'd like to get some more feedback...

and please excuse my grammar mistake in a previous post of mine. That's horribly embarrassing, considering I'm usually a stickler for grammar, and considering my college aspirations...

In addition, this post is slightly different than my previous posts, so if you're commenting again, please re-read it.

Profile-

African American female, junior at competitive arts school (magnet school) as a vocal major

Academic Record-

3.8 unweighted GPA (on 4.0 scale)

4.3 weighted HPA (on 5.0 scale)

I am taking the SATs in January, but on the latest practice test I took, I got a 1880. I know, my score is pretty awful, and I am quite upset about it, but I am currently enrolled in an SAT prep course and I frequently take practice tests.

AP Classes-

AP Human Geography- 3

AP World History and AP Music Theory- 3 and 4

AP Comp. and AP U.S.- currently taking

The rest of my classes have all been honors, excluding health classes, a driving course, and 3 math courses (one was taken in middle school)

Extra curriculars-

-Historian on Freshman Class Council

-Life Teen member

-All-State 2008 Concert Choir

-Tri-M Secretary

-Corresponding Secretary on Junior Class Council

-African Outreach Club Member

-Rotary Club Future Stars 2006 2nd place winner and finalist in 2007 and 2008

-YSPB Member

-Student Task Force Member

-Spanish Honors Society

-National Honors Society

-Amnesty International

-Key Club

-ACDA Musician

Community service-

-Local library

-Church Choir

-Volunteer for Save Darfur, Hurricane Katrina, and CF Fundraisers

-Most of my community comes from things I do through my art area

As far as essays are concerned, not to toot my own horn, but I've been told that I am a very good writer.

Schools I'm interested in are BU, BC, NYU, Emerson, Syracuse, Wellesley, Wesleyan, Brown, etc... and I would love to go to school in Boston.

I've wanted to go to an Ivy since I was a little girl (my dad went to Yale) but that sadly looks like it's out of reach for me. :(

I am looking to major in history, minor in music performance, and then go on to law school. Or possibly major in English. I'm not entirely sure yet. :)

What are my chances?

And does anyone have any suggestions for schools that would be willing to accept me?

Only nice, yet constructive criticism, if you don't mind. :)

• Brenda
    Favorite Answer

Other highly ranked schools in Boston you should look into are Tufts, Holy Cross, and Brandeis. Holy Cross's campus is gorgeous and is ranked in the top ten of most beautiful campuses nationally in the 2009 Princeton Review.

• babalu

you have GREAT chances of getting into BU, NYU, BC, and Wellesley

i dont know too much about Syracuse, Emerson and Wesleyan so i cant tell u much about that

you have an average chance at brown, but being African American will work to your advantage for Brown

and you actually have a good shot at Yale because your dad went there. its called a Legacy.

Just keep working on those SATs. i would also recommend taking the ACT as a back-up thing. it can really help you, and its a lot easier then the SAT

and since you want to be in the boston area also try applying for Northeastern and Brandais. and you can apply for Harvard and you might have a chance (again, the african american advantage thing)

Keep working hard and follow your dreams

good luck!! :)

wow, you do lots. i think of there is an extremely severe possibility which you will get into Brown. you have a distinctly severe gpa and a lot of astounding extra curriculars, which will help you. additionally, colleges extremely do care approximately no be counted if or no longer you more desirable your grades in severe college, which you probably did. i think of you will probable get popular, yet remember to have a returned up which you're distinctly much specific you may get into. additionally, dont be discouraged in case you dont get popular early selection b/c in specific circumstances in case you're borderline, they're going to hold your early selection app. till as quickly as they examine the standard selection ones and then confirm. good luck

well u have alot of positive things that will help u to get to college. about the sat u just practice and if u believe in god he will help u