The district attorneys raided my house.?

on april 2008 the district attorneys raided my house they took my laptop my phones my digital camera and other things its been six months i was not convicted of any crime but i want my things back how should i go about getting my belongings back ?

Best Answer

They obviously had a warrant!!

The only thing to do is come clean and volunteer to tell the truth. That would get it over quickly and save all the heart ache of investigation and trial.

No sympathy here for someone under investigation for a crime - innocent until pr oven guilty but you have the ability to step forward and give evidence to the investigators before trial!!

it must have been a slow day at the office, if you say that a bunch of DA's raided your house what they do give the police or FBI a day off so how many district attorney's where there 4,5,or 6 or more what they do drive up in black SUV's comming running up to your front door and kick it in and yelled "DISTRICT ATTORNEY'S WE HAVE A WARRANT TO SEARCH AND SEIZE YOUR BELONGINGS".

now here are the facts (district attorney's) do not i repeat do not raid peoples house's if that person's house has been under survalance for let's say 3 to 6 months and they also do not hand out warrants (that process is handed out by a judge) who then hands it to the D.A and the D.A hands it over either to the police or the Federal Burial of Invesgation (FBI).

You say that it has been six months since they took your laptop and your phones and your digital camera and the reason that you weren't convicted is that they are still in the process of investagating your equipment, on your lap top the tech. will search the hard drive for any illicit photos, (that you may have taken with your digital camera and up loaded on to your lap top) and your phones i assume that they're cell phones with a built in camera oh and don't bother deleting any illicit pictures they can bring the photos back up.

So lets hope and pray that everything comes up nice and clean and the only pictures is the one of your grandmother's 80th birthday party or you Aunt and Uncle's 50th wedding ann.

Why did they take your stuff? Were you involved in any criminal case or did someone mention your name? If you want your stuff back contact an attorney. I suggest having a criminal attorney on hand anyway. Chances are they are looking at something for illegal activity and next might be arresting you. Thanks to the patriot act they don't need search warents for the stuff they took. Good luck to you.

The DA's raided your house!??? I hope they had a warrant with them, and gave you a reason why!! Why not send the Police over? I don't know what this is all about, but it had to be connected to a criminal case! I would go to the DA's office, and tell them you want your stuff back if they have finished with them! If they have "mucked" them up, destroyed them or damaged them, make them pay for them!

what? The police must of had a warrant with them it describes the items to look for and where they are. WOW!! I hope you don't have what they are looking for some kind of criminal activity. Because if they find it they will hall you off to jail. Don't go asking for your things without an attorney and it sounds like you need a criminal one fast!!!

Ask a lawyer to request the return of the item.

At that point, they will be forced to drop the case or press charge.

Conspiracy means he knew about it and participated in some way, usually by planning. He didn't have to be there to get caught and charged with it. If he knew about the meth and didn't report it, he is just as guilty as those who were making it.

Have you tried asking for it back? If they said no then you need a lawyer. Not to get your stuff back but to defend you when they finally indict you. What did you do?